help with tuning

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

pr aquino

help with tuning

Post by pr aquino »

Need some help guys just put a cam size 300 and double spring and header and a stock carb on a auto car but the car feels lazy my boy wants to keep it auto but not lazy need help thanks guys
baldo

Re: help with tuning

Post by baldo »

First problem, 300 cam. Second problem, stock carb and automatic!? Is the head ported and polished? You pretty much have a racing cam so not sure what made you keep the stock carb. I dont know about people building motors with automatic transmissions either on these cars. I would suggest making it a 5 spd or change the cam. Main problem I see is the big cam with stock carb and the auto tranny combo. Lucky you have not blown the engine already. Try to get a weber asap, 32/36, 38/38 are the cheapest to get.
oldeskewltoy

Re: help with tuning

Post by oldeskewltoy »

problem is long duration cams make power higher in the rpm band then auto tranny allows engine to make... (it shifts before engine is making full power) You need to dump that cam... get a much shorter duration camshaft.

When the car is floored... at what rpm does it change from one gear into the next? That rpm is where you should plan your camshaft to work within... not any higher.....