Carburetor choke adjustment

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

781masshole3tc

Carburetor choke adjustment

Post by 781masshole3tc »

Aisan choke adjustment, how is it done? what are all the vital parts involved? how do you trouble shoot the issues?
BOBLOOK

Re: Carburetor choke adjustment

Post by BOBLOOK »

Here an small guide not the same carburetor but the principle remain the same.

* Engine most be cold.
* Engine off.
* Untight the red arrow 3x screws from the electrical choke housing.
* Operator the throttle open to WOT 2x times that way the choke cam can engage.
* Turn the housing counterclockwise until the choke plate close grey arrow.
* Start the engine rpm need to be atleast 900 to 1000rpm.
* There most be an screw on the back of the throttle linkage arrow blue there you can make the needed adjustments choke rpm.
* When engine warm up while running throttle open to WOT 2x then you can adjust the idle 750 rpm for manual and 900rpm for auto grey. arrow
* The mixture adjustment screw is an matter of feeling i would say screw full tighten and then 3 full rotation open.

Note: picture is not my property google.

The day we learn to think
781masshole3tc

Post by 781masshole3tc »

awesome im so looking forward to doing this monday, we had a snow storm here in newengland that was not supposed to happen yesturday and right now watching the Patriots vs. the broncos game (GO PATS!). but great write up and will let ya know what happens.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

781masshole3tc wrote:awesome im so looking forward to doing this monday, we had a snow storm here in newengland that was not supposed to happen yesturday and right now watching the Patriots vs. the broncos game (GO PATS!). but great write up and will let ya know what happens.

You welcome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

781masshole3tc

Post by 781masshole3tc »

well it most definitlely was the choke, i did step by step for what you told me with zero success, so i decided to carefully pull the choke away from the carb and saw the coil sprung in front of the linkage instead of behind to allow the proper opening and closing of the choke during warm up and the cool down, so know the choke is working properly but still is stalling, so i turned the idle mixture screw clockwise all the way and it stayed running but very ruff and extreme exhaust smokey fumes and the carb started to pop, so i tryed to rev it up and it ROARED at full throttle and took longer for it to settle down to a normal idle but still ran bad, i think its time for a new carb but it cant happen till my birthday at the end of March, so in the mean time any other suggestions? i did notice during this whole time the choke pulloff closest to the front of the car was going in and out but the other one closest to the windshield just stayed in one place (if this matters). Aisan 28150. but wanting a Ebay Webber. :cry:
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

No am out of options other then let an expert look at it for you or new rebuild one check ebay !

You-re stationary( idle) carburetor air circuit is clogged and stuck thats why it isn't responding to any adjustments.

Do NOT advise you do fire harm ext.

Back in the Ghetto days while back we use to swap 2 plug wire 2 and 3 then by letting the engine to backfire by revving it helped the problem for a few running days but can be harm if your not technical wile result engine won't start anymore ;)
781masshole3tc

Post by 781masshole3tc »

Please explain what this idle air circuit is? Is it mounted outside or internally. If its cheap ill try it out but cant picture what it is. Thanks
781masshole3tc

Post by 781masshole3tc »

^^^^idle mixture screw?
mallito1.8

Post by mallito1.8 »

781masshole3tc wrote:^^^^idle mixture screw?
Just in case that carb is no good there's on in new Hampshire on Craigslist a little pricey if you ask me but check it out
781masshole3tc

Post by 781masshole3tc »

the one is hampsted (weber) $150. just saw it, i just started training for my new job today because ive been out of work since Oct 2012, i gotta wait till my birthday the end of march and see if the family all want to pitch in to buy me a new weber on ebay for $250. complete with everything you need to plug n play. a very close friend of mine that i grew up with gave me this car instead of selling it and making money for himself, he knew ive been in love with this year corolla since we were 15 (now 41) he owns a mechanic shop and someone donated it to him and when i stopped by there there this past summer there she was parked in his lot with a flat tire and hasnt been washed since 2011 (last inspection sticker) i fell in love instantly with all her rust and torn up front seats as he said to me (want it?) HELL YA I WANT IT! so the very lack of funds is going to make this a slow project. i did drive it home 15minutes away bucking stalling stinking and dirty to have my wife laugh at me and my kids going what are you doing with the junky car daddy lol so i said well if uncle jim (my wifes brother) can have a 1986 vw golf diesal with rotted out floor as a project car then i want one also, i made a promiss to my self that i will be driving this car by the end of this summer hopefully sooner as the vw golf just yard sits for its 5th year (but his engine runs mint). if anyone wants to donate parts to me (i believe in karma).