El Papa RX8 & Sonic RX7 crash.

The for answers on things like chassis setup, Nitrous jetting, Timeslips
Anything and Everything related to 1/4 mile racing

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

NME308

El Papa RX8 & Sonic RX7 crash.

Post by NME308 »

Saw pictures and a description of this tragic accident at Salinas Speedway PR a few weeks ago.

http://www.dragzine.com/news/one-killed ... erto-rico/

The footage is up on youtube but I will not post it here myself since there was a death involved.

It makes me think twice (or more) when remembering incidents in my own short racing life which could have ended so much different... Finishing a really loose pass on opposite lock over the finish line desperatly trying to find a spare hand to slap the parachute lever - on more than one occasion... When the adrenlin is pumping it can be VERY hard to make the right foot lift off the gas pedal.

I hope there are a bunch of us who can take some mental notes away and make our own racing safer.

Cheers,
Jason
BOBLOOK

Re: El Papa RX8 & Sonic RX7 crash.

Post by BOBLOOK »

+1 Jason
NME308 wrote:
It makes me think twice (or more) when remembering incidents in my own short racing life which could have ended so much different... Finishing a really loose pass on opposite lock over the finish line desperatly trying to find a spare hand to slap the parachute lever - on more than one occasion... When the adrenlin is pumping it can be VERY hard to make the right foot lift off the gas pedal.

I hope there are a bunch of us who can take some mental notes away and make our own racing safer.

Cheers,
Jason
The day we learn to think
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Well said, i cant be that eloquent or ethic on a comment about this incident, but the only thing i can said is tomorrow is another day if the car leave wrong just give up that pass cuz no matter how well u can or cant control the car it will be a wasted pass.
SF5 FOZZY
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

I think the driver was confident with the car and what he was doing as he have being in such driving skills before on a worse track condition !

But i agree with you statement

VID
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

I'd say if by the 60 to 100 footer a driver looses control ,,,let go of the gas pedal and let the car coast to the finish line ,,avoid accident ,,loose the race not your or anybody else's life....
Tate Quieto
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

X2

toyotero2dend wrote:I'd say if by the 60 to 100 footer a driver looses control ,,,let go of the gas pedal and let the car coast to the finish line ,,avoid accident ,,loose the race not your or anybody else's life....
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

X3
SF5 FOZZY