Jimenez Racing, 742 HP Turbo 3TC

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

hemilove

Re: Jimenez Racing, 742 HP Turbo 3TC

Post by hemilove »

How do they keep the head from blowing off and what kind of head gasket are they using my goodness that is crazy. Head bolts are studs but are they extra bolts drilled for more clamping force
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

hemilove wrote:How do they keep the head from blowing off and what kind of head gasket are they using my goodness that is crazy. Head bolts are studs but are they extra bolts drilled for more clamping force
most ive seen use copper with s.s o-rings and i would think the blocks are drilled up for a bigger fastener
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

SS o ring on the block and the head one smaller than the other so the copper gasket makes an S shape sealing around the combustion chamber, block is filled with block hard to the top, head water passages are welded shut on the surface side so cooling fluid (water) runs only from front to back of the head, head bolts are the same size but L19 kind, and the head got to be a billet one in order to withstand that amount of boost. surprisingly the key for the durability once you got all those parts is not the parts itself but the engine management tune!
SF5 FOZZY
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

Toyota1515 wrote:SS o ring on the block and the head one smaller than the other so the copper gasket makes an S shape sealing around the combustion chamber, block is filled with block hard to the top, head water passages are welded shut on the surface side so cooling fluid (water) runs only from front to back of the head, head bolts are the same size but L19 kind, and the head got to be a billet one in order to withstand that amount of boost. surprisingly the key for the durability once you got all those parts is not the parts itself but the engine management tune!
Well I would bet bc you get ping at high rpm and your screwed. Man that's amazing to know that someone out there goes as far as to figure out the lil bugs like that. But why the 3tc is it bc of the hemi design or cheap cost or what bc 4g63 make more plus and 3sgte also what am I not getting here
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Right now, they are far better designs as you mention a couple, with the pushrod design you can do just as much butt you loose a lot in valvetrain geometry and stability, so far IMO whoever stick to the 3tc is for pure pride and likeness, i love them turds and know them as the back of my hand plus find em cheap enough to keep tinkerin with them, plus i love the young kids asking me about that rare engine lol. :lol: :lol:

By the way did i mention they are faken hard to kill? they are tough MOFOS
SF5 FOZZY
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

Toyota1515 wrote:Right now, they are far better designs as you mention a couple, with the pushrod design you can do just as much butt you loose a lot in valvetrain geometry and stability, so far IMO whoever stick to the 3tc is for pure pride and likeness, i love them turds and know them as the back of my hand plus find em cheap enough to keep tinkerin with them, plus i love the young kids asking me about that rare engine lol. :lol: :lol:

So true. Nice to see a motor that started out at 60 whp and can make over 1000 hp with the right combo.
I love them and have a couple of them in the garage...
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

mikealike wrote:
Toyota1515 wrote:Right now, they are far better designs as you mention a couple, with the pushrod design you can do just as much butt you loose a lot in valvetrain geometry and stability, so far IMO whoever stick to the 3tc is for pure pride and likeness, i love them turds and know them as the back of my hand plus find em cheap enough to keep tinkerin with them, plus i love the young kids asking me about that rare engine lol. :lol: :lol:

So true. Nice to see a motor that started out at 60 whp and can make over 1000 hp with the right combo.
I will agree with killing them mine has been revving at like 5000rpm and has not used no oil don't smoke nor have coolant leaks it is a bad ass engine I would say.
plus the lil fu#ker don't give up as a far as hp goes it keeps pulling I noticed it on the highway the other day it wants more and more I don't know why but it sure does impress me.
boosted3tc

Post by boosted3tc »

mikealike wrote:

i love this motor and will never get rid of the combo in my car.......when i get ready to redo the 1.8 my billet 3tc motor is going in starlet, its great to have good help around you to help make power and i will say mikealike has helped me with a great cam to make more power than the 742 in this video......and i was only at 38pds

i cant wait to hit the dyno at 45+ pds
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Mike your car is amazing bro, i love it!
SF5 FOZZY
slaus

Post by slaus »

mikealike wrote:

Must agree also, and it's not like what people say: "you can make any engine do the numbers, it's just how much you want to spend" The 3TC's baseline design is the main reason for the almost limitless power one can get out of it if willing to do the necessary modifications. I cannot think of any other single cam motor under 2.0L that can put out the numbers that these 3TC's can with required modifications done. And not to mention, how many single cam, four cylinder, 2.0L maximium can you have street driven and do 9 seconds on the quarter mile like a propery built and tuned 3TC ??? People just don't understand and don't know how great this 30++ year old motor is....

BTW Mike, i'm looking at next year to purchase the 3TC stuff from you for my build once you still have it...