1980 corolla 2dr turbo 3tc efi aka "banana boat"

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

hemilove

Re: 1980 corolla 2dr turbo 3tc efi aka "banana boat"

Post by hemilove »

update guys
used that fome that they use for the house cracks
shaved it off then sanded down
this area was hard to get to shave down properly but it was all good I wasn't gunna spend more time in trying to perfect it so I said screw it
last night after a couple of brouhahas aka beer me and a bud decided to install the rear end and this is what it looks like
im just stuck on the offset I will need for the rear wheels omg
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Get 7" wide with 4.5 b/s fits like a glove ;)
Tate Quieto
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

toyotero2dend wrote:Get 7" wide with 4.5 b/s fits like a glove ;)
is that stock size on the rolla bc I went with the same size that it had originally but it seems to hang off a lot help please man show me a pic of yours toyotero
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Can't Carlos,now the rear on the toy is shorter,,but when it had the twin cam rear the wheels didn't rub 7"wide with 4.5 b/s ,I still have the same wheels but had to use spacer it was too close towards the inside ( chasis).and the twin cam rear is a bit wider than the stock one on the .8. What size is that you have on now? It looks like it sticks out and that's with out tire. Measure the stock rear make sure the 8.8 is the same length.
Tate Quieto
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Here's the pic. Of my rim and tire,see I have space ,.Image. ImageV. Image. Image
Tate Quieto
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

toyotero2dend wrote:Can't Carlos,now the rear on the toy is shorter,,but when it had the twin cam rear the wheels didn't rub 7"wide with 4.5 b/s ,I still have the same wheels but had to use spacer it was too close towards the inside ( chasis).and the twin cam rear is a bit wider than the stock one on the .8. What size is that you have on now? It looks like it sticks out and that's with out tire. Measure the stock rear make sure the 8.8 is the same length.
yup it does stick out a lot more than the fender that rim is one that goes in the front and it has very little lip I don't know what to do other than fender roll it or flars which I don't want to do im thinking is due to the fact that I went from drum to disk and there was extra meat on the disk also bc its a ford 8.8 rear end shortend but I looks like it hangs off a bit to much the only way I think I could solve this is by getting positive backspacing on the rim
this rim
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance- ... Id=1275709
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

toyotero2dend wrote:Here's the pic. Of my rim and tire,see I have space ,.Image. ImageV. Image. Image
what size tire are you running
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

My tires r 225/50/15,,,,,still with the disc brake set up it shouldn't stick out so much!,,,look jegs has this size but you better measure real good ,the only thing you gonna have a small lip . Pro Star 96-Series Wheel
Size: 15" X 7"
Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-1/2"
Rear Spacing: 5-1/2"
Tate Quieto
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

I got a set of 2 Kumho exta 225 50 15 for sale cheap 120 x shipping, almost new still have the nipples all around
SF5 FOZZY
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

toyotero2dend wrote:My tires r 225/50/15,,,,,still with the disc brake set up it shouldn't stick out so much!,,,look jegs has this size but you better measure real good ,the only thing you gonna have a small lip . Pro Star 96-Series Wheel
Size: 15" X 7"
Bolt Circle: 5 x 4-1/2"
Rear Spacing: 5-1/2"
Toyota1515 wrote:I got a set of 2 Kumho exta 225 50 15 for sale cheap 120 x shipping, almost new still have the nipples all around
ok ok please specify guys i have these two choices to choose from in rims i have this one
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance- ... ProductId=
or this one to choose
http://www.jegs.com/i/Weld-Racing/927/9 ... tId=746350

but my rims are sport star II for my fronts