JSP f22 turbo AE86

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

john russakoff

Re: JSP f22 turbo AE86

Post by john russakoff »

Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

A little advice my friend, if you are using slicks at the track do yourself a favor and please dont use the tires u got right now up front, and save yourself from hitting the guardrail,

Slick tires like to swerve a little in the big end and the radial wide tires got to much grip and in contrast at the end result of that is a disaster waiting to happen cuz the front didnt follow, i see that happen many times and cars destroyed just for that little detail there!

By the way it did looks BAD ASS!
SF5 FOZZY
john russakoff

Post by john russakoff »

4 degrees of front camber only give me a 4 or 5 inch front contact patch. If it feels sketchy ill change it later. Got it about as much together as I could for jccs this weekend.

john russakoff

Post by john russakoff »

NME308

Post by NME308 »

Toyota1515 wrote:A little advice my friend, if you are using slicks at the track do yourself a favor and please dont use the tires u got right now up front, and save yourself from hitting the guardrail,

Slick tires like to swerve a little in the big end and the radial wide tires got to much grip and in contrast at the end result of that is a disaster waiting to happen cuz the front didnt follow, i see that happen many times and cars destroyed just for that little detail there!

By the way it did looks BAD ASS!
This man speaks the truth so I'll quote it!
The contact patch being small on your radial front tires will not help out at all with the squirming issue which happens with the combo you have there. Radials have a tight sidewall while cross ply slicks are super soft sidewall. If you have cross ply tires on the front of same construction to the slicks on the rear the whole car can sway a little as it goes down the track - that in itself can be a little disconcerting first few times down the track! Having radial tires on the front which will not sway with the rear end on slick tires can lead to the rear end fishtailing into a tank slapper into a minimum of time for a new nappy or worse again car into the wall...

Damn nice car so please throw a couple of extra bucks at matching front tires for the drag strip! :)

Cheers,
Jason
lopez286

Post by lopez286 »

Car looks sick
john russakoff

Post by john russakoff »

Rear sway bar buttoned up

john russakoff

Post by john russakoff »

Sumped the cell, mounted the pumps, mounted the shocks.

john russakoff

Post by john russakoff »

Getting pretty excited to button this up in the next few weeks.

Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Shocks look great there buddy, thanks for your business!
SF5 FOZZY