Te72 JZ project

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

ngcnoproblem

Te72 JZ project

Post by ngcnoproblem »

Hey all,

I am new here and I am looking for some specific info. I apologize if this is already been discussed a lot, but I have had a lot of trouble finding the information. I have an 82 4 door corolla. It has no power steering with a steering box. I have the powertrain from my IS300 that I took out and replaced with a 1JZGTE VVTI. I really want to swap the 2JZGE and w55 into my corolla and drift it. My biggest problem currently is the crossmember and column. From what I have read I need an AE86 or Ae71 crossmember, AW11 rack and pinion and an Ae71 column to make it work and the column will take a bit of work to make fit.

My question is what all I can get that crossmember out of. I live in the states and so far have not found a crossmember available from craiglist, ebay, facebook market place. I don't know what years and what market the AE71 is. What vehicles should I be looking for in the US that will work?

What I want to do is use a prius electric power steering rack and gut the rack and pinion OR not even bother with a different crossmember, but instead if it is possible, weld in brackets and use a different rack and pinion. Is that a thing?

I was thinking of doing a 240 control arm, coil overs and spindle swap for suspension.

Any input on this would be great!

Thank you