Real Weber vs. Knock off Weber

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

781masshole3tc

Real Weber vs. Knock off Weber

Post by 781masshole3tc »

so what are the difference between both other than flat head screws instead of philips and weber being stamped on the carb, the add claims that it can be rebuilt or tuned in the future with real Weber parts, there is only about a $60 to $80 difference between real and the knock off, i myself most likely going with the real deal but still want to know is there any performance losses because its a knockoff. Happy Newyear Tommie
Spudenater

Re: Real Weber vs. Knock off Weber

Post by Spudenater »

While I don't have any direct experience with weber replicas, what I've heard (grain of salt of course) is that the knock offs typically have looser tolerances and cheaper casting material. They are more likely to strip/shear/leak etc. That's not to say that they all will all the time. Just that quality control is not nearly as tight, and the chances of getting a crappy one are higher. I do know a guy who's got some chinese knock off 44 DCOE who swears by it, maybe he just got a cherry, I don't know.
bubbajohnson

Post by bubbajohnson »

I have a 34/34 "weber" knockoff I bought new 6-7 years ago. Save your money! They do not use actual weber parts/jets and replacement parts were not available 2-3 years ago when I wanted to rejet the carb for a different motor. Its kind of a shame, because the carb did perform well on 2 different stock 20R's I used it on, but the lack of rebuild parts makes it useless now :evil:.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Over here prices are the same for knock offs webers haven't test them
The day we learn to think