Ryan's TE31

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

slamburglar

Re: Ryan's TE31

Post by slamburglar »

good to see you on here as well man! I have the blue te31 i think we posted back and forth on rollaclub.com
You know that aint them dogs real voices....
corolllin

Post by corolllin »

nice work man!!

I see you on FB, but I had no idea you were doin this kinda restoration!!
now just lower it some! set those supras off!!!
skellington

Post by skellington »

Thanks guys. I hope to get my housing situation sorted out so I can get back to work.
Fujimoto

Post by Fujimoto »

love it ! lucky you work at the good place to build your parts ! i have a 4 door TE31 , love it ! they seemed to have a couple of different front grills and crests tought ... nice buy !
loquendo

Post by loquendo »

Hey man, I was wondering if you were thinking about putting spacer's on the rear wheels. I haven't seen it done, but with the front sticking out a little farther than the back I was curious what your thoughts were on putting 8mm spacers in the rear.

This isn't a thread jack right? It does pertain to your car and your car's wheels.
skellington

Post by skellington »

Fujimoto wrote:love it ! lucky you work at the good place to build your parts ! i have a 4 door TE31 , love it ! they seemed to have a couple of different front grills and crests tought ... nice buy !
Ya. I like the te31's too. I have another gill like mine. I can paint it different and switch it out or something.
loquendo wrote:Hey man, I was wondering if you were thinking about putting spacer's on the rear wheels. I haven't seen it done, but with the front sticking out a little farther than the back I was curious what your thoughts were on putting 8mm spacers in the rear.

This isn't a thread jack right? It does pertain to your car and your car's wheels.
Your fine, this isn't a thread jack. I am not sure about using spacers. I think the gaps will be more noticeable when I lower it. At that point I will see if I will need them.
skellington

Post by skellington »

I was bored and early on my way to work.

lopez286

Post by lopez286 »

looks good keep up the good work, are u a machinist
skellington

Post by skellington »

lopez286 wrote:looks good keep up the good work, are u a machinist
I am not, but I will try anything to make my own parts.
skellington

Post by skellington »

I have completed my seat swap (about time). These seats feel like lazy-boy recliners. I had to take apart the sliding mechanism to make it work and then modified it some more to make the seat belts fit and work properly. It would of probably been easier to build my own form scratch. Fitment is perfect:

I noticed my floors were wet after I arrived at work. the heater core sprang a leak and soaked my carpet on both sides with coolant. I was wondering why my coolant level was a little low. I took out the carpet and padding to avoid mold /corrosion issues. I have also bypassed the heater until I find another heater core.
I also cleaned up my freeway flyer diff. It's my S374 (3.583 ratio one). I cleaned up all the gears and painted the outside. I think I will put this behind my automatic until I have the space to do my 5 speed swap. all my stuff is buried in storage, so i have to wait on that. This thing will be a gutless wonder with a stock 2tc and an auto with high gearing.
I took the smog pump off my car. Now it doesn't make that whine in the engine compartment -YES! I have been enjoying driving the car, and it gets a lot of attention.