I dont see too many nitrous powered 3TC engines...

The for answers on things like chassis setup, Nitrous jetting, Timeslips
Anything and Everything related to 1/4 mile racing

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Memphis3TC

I dont see too many nitrous powered 3TC engines...

Post by Memphis3TC »

I've been doing a lot of reading on here and all over the internet and noticed that I rarely, if any, see a nitrous powered 3TC engine.... Why is that? Is it that these engines seem to reach a cap when nitrous is the only power adder or is it cheap enough to reliably turbocharge one?
1999 Toyota TRD Solara - DD
1970 Buick Skylark - Restomod Project
1993 Honda Civic - Built and Boosted D series
3TC engine project - currently in progress and looking for a 80-83 2dr or wagon shell to drag race.
BOBLOOK

Re: I dont see too many nitrous powered 3TC engines...

Post by BOBLOOK »

All went turbo the Honda, and Rx7 are getting faster so they needed for some lethal power to compit :lol: :lol: !

You can't make the output power turbo engine have with nitrous impossible mission !
The day we learn to think
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Had my starlet running with nos,was fun but she had good rods,pistons,valves ,dual webers,celica tranny,etc. with 100 shot ran 11.72 full metal stock suspension ;)
Tate Quieto
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

toyotero2dend wrote:Had my starlet running with nos,was fun but she had good rods,pistons,valves ,dual webers,celica tranny,etc. with 100 shot ran 11.72 full metal stock suspension ;)
I ran the same with the same 100 shot just with a ported head and a cam on stock internals if i had a built bottom i would go with 300 shot it is possible to run the numbers with NOS but less controllable like a Turbo motor and no one like to crap an engine after spend so much $$ on em!
SF5 FOZZY