Burning Oil

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

chesmari

Burning Oil

Post by chesmari »

I was finally able to fire up my 3tgte, problem is, it's spitting oil through the exhaust (also rough idle due to vacuum leak). I pulled out the plugs and as soon as I took the #3 plug out, smoke started coming out of the plug hole. Any other ideas beside that I may have a bad ring?

Ryan
Toyota1515

Re: Burning Oil

Post by Toyota1515 »

your rings may be stuck with sludge, the best way to deal with the problem is taking it apart and hone it plus new rings and bearings while you at it, or if that is not an option, i got something that works 80% of the times i have try it,
rotate the engine by hand and place all the pistons halfway on the cylinders at the same spot all of them then empty a can of brake fluid betwine all 4 thru the spark plug holes and leave it for 2 or 3 days, then spin tyhe engine with the starter to get all the remaining stuff out of it, install the plugs change the oil and start it up, it will smoke like a MOFO at the beginning, but it should free up the oil control rings and should make it work better, by the way change the oil again after a day or so of using it ok!
SF5 FOZZY
chesmari

Post by chesmari »

Toyota1515 wrote:your rings may be stuck with sludge, the best way to deal with the problem is taking it apart and hone it plus new rings and bearings while you at it, or if that is not an option, i got something that works 80% of the times i have try it,
rotate the engine by hand and place all the pistons halfway on the cylinders at the same spot all of them then empty a can of brake fluid betwine all 4 thru the spark plug holes and leave it for 2 or 3 days, then spin tyhe engine with the starter to get all the remaining stuff out of it, install the plugs change the oil and start it up, it will smoke like a MOFO at the beginning, but it should free up the oil control rings and should make it work better, by the way change the oil again after a day or so of using it ok!
Will definitely do the brake cleaner trick first. Thank you.

Ryan
chesmari

Post by chesmari »

Decided to do a compression test first:

----DRY WET

#1 - 90 110

#2 - 90 120

#3 - 90 120

#4 - 80 120

Ryan
Toyota1515