Project: Gina

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

3trolla79

Re: Project: Gina

Post by 3trolla79 »

I have a question about the cranks....maybe 15 15 can help me out...hum but from what I see does that mean that the 3tc crank would be Ted when the 2tc is bdc? If so I got another question.....I put my motor back together (3tc) re placed the head gasket timing etc. and I had a the pulley that came with the motor such was a single belt pulley and I lost it n before I tore the motor apart I put an a/c system on changed the pulley to a 2tc pulley cause that wat I got the the a/c off....could this mean when I try to set my timing (on the dizzy) that because I'm using a 2tc pulley...it is considered 180 degrees ?? Idk if that's understandable? I'm more off a person u have to draw a picture or show otherwise I don't understand haha
73te27

Post by 73te27 »

3trolla79 wrote:I have a question about the cranks....maybe 15 15 can help me out...hum but from what I see does that mean that the 3tc crank would be Ted when the 2tc is bdc? If so I got another question.....I put my motor back together (3tc) re placed the head gasket timing etc. and I had a the pulley that came with the motor such was a single belt pulley and I lost it n before I tore the motor apart I put an a/c system on changed the pulley to a 2tc pulley cause that wat I got the the a/c off....could this mean when I try to set my timing (on the dizzy) that because I'm using a 2tc pulley...it is considered 180 degrees ?? Idk if that's understandable? I'm more off a person u have to draw a picture or show otherwise I don't understand haha
Its just the way I layed the crank down when I took the pic, one is upside down. I wanted to mirror image it so the counterweights would be more noticeable.

You can use the 2tc pulley but the reason I dont like to use them is because they are smaller and it gets a little "vague" because now you have a larger gap between pulley and timing marks. Depending on where your head is (the one on your shoulders, not your motor) when shooting timing, + or - a few degrees but close enough for most purposes.

180 off wouldnt even start. It would blow flames through the carb.
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

Bahahaha u u faka I was buss laughing how wen u said ur head not yo sholdahs hahah dat was funny but ya I was wondering is all cause I tot da dowel pin o wateva was on da opposite side! But good ting u said dat cause I was about fo crank da shit outa my moto wit em 180 but no use cause I still no mo spark
Last edited by 3trolla79 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

N ya da pulley is difrent I jus had grab em n use em cuz I never have one Ada one for 3t and da timing mark i watch em from da left side n is kinda off so I guess I gotta find one Moa 3t crank pulley single row
isopycnic

Post by isopycnic »

The pink is a good color, and it just shows that you're not some insecure bully. Fun car. Where'd you get your suspension?
gotae86

Post by gotae86 »

I got the front suspension from club4ag @isopycnic. The rear stuff I got locally from a guy from another forum.

I've been busy, trying to get my car ready for 86day...

Making some EGR port blockers.

Cleaned up my fuel cell. Installed some new fittings and re-routed the fuel hose/pump/regulator.

Making some battery cables and installed the battery tray into the rear passenger side.

Front swaybar installation with my GoPro head mount.

Found some pills for the MSD 6AL.

Testing out a small tripod (suspension).

Tension rods came in the other day.
Roughandready

Post by Roughandready »

Sick ride. I love a 2t in an 86.
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

gotae86 wrote: Image
Dude I like your style, (JUST LIKE ME) no fear for flying red hot metal sparks AWESOMEEEEEE!

At least you use eye protection, i need to get me some eye protection!
SF5 FOZZY
gotae86

Post by gotae86 »

I should be wearing a long sleeve...and shoes. But it was a quick buzz cut.
gotae86

Post by gotae86 »

Fuel cell is nice and clean.

Started wrapping the header after I put a nice dent in it to clear the steering column.

Sold off the 13b and bought a welder.

Finished wrapping the rest of the header. I feel that it turned out well.

Her first bath...in 5+ years.

Installing the front tension rods.

Mounting the fuel lines and by lines I mean one fuel hose.

T3 NRCAs

Installed the front bumper. Decided to go with a matte finish.

Testing out a new head mount for my GoPro.