all motor 3tc build

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

osrolla

all motor 3tc build

Post by osrolla »

Sup guys, so i am really wanting to build up my 3tc. Its my daily driver so nothing out of this world, im keeping it all motor, and would like to just build it enough to have fun and whoop a couple hondas and mazdas here and there!

This will be my first time actually building or doing performance upgrades to a motor so i do have alot to learn and will be learning as i go.

I know that each upgrade has to "go along" or have the right "combo" of parts and measurements so i would like to build the motor around maybe a 310 cam? Too much? Right now i have i believe, 295 cam? What PO mentioned if i remember correctly.

So 310 cam, racing head shaved 0.60, triple springs, p&p, 40 or 45 weber sidedrafts, 0.40 over high compression pistons, MSD ignition system and 4:1headers to straitpipe w/ performance muffler. Lil more extras here and there

Like i said i have no experience with building performance engines and would like to know as much as possible about these 3tcs. Anyone has any suggestions or recommendations please feel free to share!! Ill be updating this post as i go
82 te72, 1.8 3tc, cam, headers, weber 32/36. ALOT more to come!
BOBLOOK

Re: all motor 3tc build

Post by BOBLOOK »

Street clutch?
triple springs might be overkiller ?
Fuel upgrade ?
The day we learn to think
osrolla

Post by osrolla »

You tell me! I probably get a electric fuel pump with regulator and high volume oil pump. If there's anything more pitch in. Iv done a bit of reading Amanda iv read people saying double springs are good enough. Not positive on exact specs that motor will be yet
oldschoolhawaii

Post by oldschoolhawaii »

upgrade trans and rearend. w50-55 or 58 and a big axle rearend maybe 456 gears with LSD, spool ext,, Electronic dizzy ignition upgrade to electric fuel pump size 6 fuel line and the head to bottom half that part money and the inside circle of friends will help keep cost down, big cam , upgrade head a must and you will learn more intricate stuff about your Dial Up Killer
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

+1
oldschoolhawaii wrote:upgrade trans and rearend. w50-55 or 58 and a big axle rearend maybe 456 gears with LSD, spool ext,, Electronic dizzy ignition upgrade to electric fuel pump size 6 fuel line and the head to bottom half that part money and the inside circle of friends will help keep cost down, big cam , upgrade head a must and you will learn more intricate stuff about your Dial Up Killer
osrolla

Post by osrolla »

Inside circle of friends? Dial up killer? Whaa? Lol

Yeah i have my friend that's an amazing fabricator making me a 4lug Toyota 7.5 axle with 4.10s, lsd and discs.

Actually got offered a pair of mikuni45s with manifold, all linkages ready to be bolted on for 650 obo. Not sure if i should go for it or save the 1200 for 40webers plus the mani. Thoughts on weber vs mikuni?
osrolla

Post by osrolla »

IMG_1263772249108.jpeg
IMG_1263772249108.jpeg (82.32 KiB) Viewed 14514 times
So today i purchased a pair of weber 45dcoe sidedrafts with linkage and new manifold. But before installing these im going to purchase 8mm plug wires and a new MSD 6al to go along with my blaster2 coil. Also a Carter4070 fuel pump with regulator.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Nice setup ;)
oldeskewltoy

Post by oldeskewltoy »

no need for triple springs on a street engine that sees some track time... they'll just cause parasitic power loss and extra wear

As far as transmissions... you MIGHT look into the Toyota J160 6 speed. I'm pretty sure the "T" engine bolt pattern is the same... or VERY similar to the "S". This would give you a much stronger transmission... with 6 gears

On your carbs and manifold... you mentioned 45 DCOEs... but you failed to mention what venturi you are using. Also the 45s look like they may be largewr in diameter the the manifold... if they are... I'd suggest looking for a set of 40DCOEs... but if that is too costly... porting the manifold will do
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

sounds like this is going to scream, 310 is alittle big for the street, I love the 306 norris cam, perfect in all ways.
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com