piston/rod swaps

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

skabrock5

piston/rod swaps

Post by skabrock5 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:01 pm

One of my valve springs popped and droped a valve leaving a big hole on piston# 3. Miracle that my cylinder walls were not damaged but the head is trashed. Would it throw off the balance if swap one from another block?

Toyota1515

Re: piston/rod swaps

Post by Toyota1515 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:13 pm

skabrock5 wrote:One of my valve springs popped and droped a valve leaving a big hole on piston# 3. Miracle that my cylinder walls were not damaged but the head is trashed. Would it throw off the balance if swap one from another block?
Nope, you can do that without a problem whatsoever!
SF5 FOZZY

mikealike

Post by mikealike » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:39 pm

skabrock5 wrote:One of my valve springs popped and droped a valve leaving a big hole on piston# 3. Miracle that my cylinder walls were not damaged but the head is trashed. Would it throw off the balance if swap one from another block?
Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear about the valve train situation. I hope you replaced all springs and retainers and keepers....
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com

BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:37 pm

Asoon as your engine assembly is stock you can swap the piston and rods
The day we learn to think

skabrock5

Post by skabrock5 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:27 pm

The valve train and headwork have been completed. The cause of the problem, i hate to admit, was brd cam + stock 30 year old springs lol. The correct springs were assembled on another head that i removed because it cracked. Live n learn. Thanks for help fellas.