W58 onto a 3tc questions

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

deaconfrost

W58 onto a 3tc questions

Post by deaconfrost »

hey there, i've recently had a w58 fall into my lap for (almost) free, now I am wondering how difficult is it to put into a 81 te72 wagon, what parts do I need to make it work other than the adapter plate?
And I read somewhere that I can use a flywheel and a pressure plate from a t40, and then the clutch plate from the w58, is this right?

Thanks for helping a brother out. :D
deaconfrost

Re: W58 onto a 3tc questions

Post by deaconfrost »

and by parts I mean anything other than the obvious components of the drive train, I am going to be pulling it from a donor this upcoming week
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

deaconfrost wrote:and by parts I mean anything other than the obvious components of the drive train, I am going to be pulling it from a donor this upcoming week
island chain sells an adapter plate, your going to need to buy the correct clutch disk and redue your youk on the drive shaft...
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
deaconfrost

Post by deaconfrost »

island chain sells an adapter plate, your going to need to buy the correct clutch disk and redue your youk on the drive shaft...
I was looking at getting a custom one piece driveshaft made, this would solve the yoke issue correct? and I did message him about the adaptor plate, just waiting on a response (hopefully it comes soon haha)
73te27

Post by 73te27 »

deaconfrost wrote:I was looking at getting a custom one piece driveshaft made, this would solve the yoke issue correct? and I did message him about the adaptor plate, just waiting on a response (hopefully it comes soon haha)
If auto yes, manual no. If I were going to spend the money on a one pc. driveshaft, I would get an older type with the serviceable u joints. If you plan on changing the rear, I would do that first also. Thats going to be the weak link even with a T50. I took measurements off mid 80's 2wd toyota trucks and looks like would be direct bolt up to leafs on a wagon, same width drum to drum, but 5 bolt lug pattern.
skellington

Post by skellington »

More t motor to W gearbox info here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=369