TATE QUIETO 1.8 >2016,,Mission accomplish EFI + Boost

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

bigheck

Re: TATE QUIETO

Post by bigheck »

Hey guys im new to the forum , my name is heck ..and I just picked up a 79 corolla and im going to start on my drag car project, but I dont really know what power plant to go with...I git a 1.8 in it rite now ...what you guys think I should go with .......
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

All depends on your budget,,, being a drag car I'm sure you want speed & power ,,, you be spending quite a bit of change. ,, there are lots of performance parts for 3tc out there
Tate Quieto
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Post vid when you get it running Carlos,,,,I just received the cooler and piping so next week gonna try figure out how to install it
Tate Quieto
Mazota TE51

Post by Mazota TE51 »

Nice to see everything is coming together for you. That cam sounds nasty. :twisted:
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Yea Mazota but I was told that once. The intercooler gets connected it will calm it down,let's see if it happens ,I was able to squeeze the cooler in the engine compartment today so maybe tomorrow I get to go around the block on my toy ;)
Tate Quieto
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

Were you able to drive it yet :D
Mazota TE51

Post by Mazota TE51 »

Whaaaaaaat no pictures of the intercooler you're slacking man. :P
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Couldn't drive it yet Carlos had to squeeze the fan behind the grill & fab a bracket to hold the hood lock in place , still haven't put the batt. In the trunk so if not tomorrow ,it will be next week God willing....Mazota there you go the pic you ask for,it's not the best spot for performance but I was able to make brackets and bolt it to the rad. ;) so I'm still keeping it with ac its a sleeper lol :idea: Image. Image. Image
Tate Quieto
will1983

Post by will1983 »

toyotero2dend wrote:Couldn't drive it yet Carlos had to squeeze the fan behind the grill & fab a bracket to hold the hood lock in place , still haven't put the batt. In the trunk so if not tomorrow ,it will be next week God willing....Mazota there you go the pic you ask for,it's not the best spot for performance but I was able to make brackets and bolt it to the rad. ;) so I'm still keeping it with ac its a sleeper lol :idea: Image. Image. Image

looking good papa cant wait to get my 76 liftback started !!!
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Ty will,, Hope you start it soon it's gonna be like music to your ears ;). Don't tell me you got rid of the wagon :(
Tate Quieto