2TC Twin weber advice.

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

docta22
Location: Chicago Illinois, Houston Texas, Manila Philippines.

2TC Twin weber advice.

Post by docta22 »

Hello. I have two webers that I acquired both 40 dcoe brass floats. My dilemma is that both have different jets and and I would like to set them both up to run my 2tc.
Ive been searching in the forum and found some setups but for 3tc 1.8s. Some 2tcs but with downdraft carbs or single carb setups. Maye I just didnt look in the the right places.
Can anybody here give me advice on which mains, idles, and pump jets to use?

My specs.
2TC mostly stock. Twin Weber 40 dcoe mounted on a mikuni short runner manifold, long tube headers, factory diameter exhaust w/ low resistance muffler.
Ill be driving at sea level in roughly 80-95 degree weather. (Philippines)
Can anyone please advise a good jet combination?
I would greatly appreciate it.

Carb#1 135 main, 50f8 idle jet, 35 pump jet, 32mm choke
Carb#2 155 main, 40f9 idle jet, 60 pump jet, 32mm choke
Obviously mismatched.
docta22

Re: 2TC Twin weber advice.

Post by docta22 »

Oh also, I havent fully assembled the setup or mounted it on the car yet as im currently in chicago and my car is in the philippines. So im still trying to collect all the parts now while I have time. =)
baldo

Post by baldo »

So you have headers and muffler with stock tubing? That sounds like trouble. You are contradicting the upgrades by doing that, you want smooth flow out of the muffler. You have a lot of air coming out the headers into a small tube, into a big muffler.
Webers run rich, I guess you can run it on a stock engine if its really good! But to get the most you need a fuel pump, good ignition parts and a cam.
Sounds like you need some $ to make them the same cause you have lots of different parts. My advice wait and get ^ before messing with them. If you really want to just put them on I would get 125 mains,40f9 idle jets, 40 pump jets...... but you are not done yet. What are your emulsion tubes and air jets?
The Philippines have cool cars and engines and parts that are very rare here. Why dont you open a used parts shop over there and trade with us over here? :lol:
docta22

Post by docta22 »

Im assuming the piping is stock diameter. It may be upgraded for all I know. I bought the car in august and only drove for a month before heading to the states. Soo.. im not that familiar with whats going on with her on the underside. I just added a fujitsubo 2 inch ID axle back. Better than the cherry bomb dump pipe it had exiting under the driver seat. Hahaha.

I already bought the following parts for my setup.
Holley 1-4psi fuel pressure regulator
Russel 6an In line fuel filter
4ft Russel 6an lines
6an assorted fittings and 6an banjos for the webers
Mr Gasket low pressure fuel pump
Spiffy looking oil filled fuel pressure gauge.

I have the 2x weber dcoe40, 2x Redline brand rebuild kits,mikuni manifold and push linkages.

Ill check out the air correctors
docta22

Post by docta22 »

Crap!!

carb 1 f16 emulsion tube, 200 air corrector
carb 2 f2 emulsion tube, 165 air corrector

These carbs are waay off. The only parts that were correct for my setup are the two 40f9 pump jets for the 1st carb.
baldo

Post by baldo »

They do have lots of parts to make them work, thats why some people dont like them. But if you like playing with cars you will love them. Plus the look is awesome. I guess since you have f16 you can get two more of those and call it a day! As for air I would get two more 200 (just to have) and 4 180 or 185 that you will need.
Are you going to try to tune them yourself or have a friend thats going to do it?
docta22

Post by docta22 »

Oh im already in love with the carbs. I can already imagine the sound echoing off of the walls at 2am when theres no traffic in the philippines=)
Ill probably mount them up myself but have a professional wire up my fuel pump and try to tune them up myself. Im trying to get the linkages set up right now. For some reason, one of the ends of the throttle shafts was cut off by a previous owner so I had to purchase an interconnecting link kit to put them together.
Thanks for the jetting advice. Ill try to purchase all of those parts from weber parts direct since theyre located here in the states.
Last edited by docta22 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
docta22

Post by docta22 »

Heres a picture of what they will be going in.
baldo

Post by baldo »

You have a 2tc in that thing!!!?????? :lol: Why didnt you go 18rg or something? Remember, if you are going to tune them you will need time, money and plenty of practice. :D Also, if you plan on getting a cam forget about tuning them now. Because then you are probably going to need more jets... time, money and practice. :lol: Try to have everything ready before putting them on, Make sure you have the headers with good piping to the muffler, msd, coil, wires, spark plugs.
docta22

Post by docta22 »

Well, its the engine that comes factory in the car in 1973. I wish I could afford an 18rg or 2tg but thats out of my budget. I dont plan on getting a cam or modfying the internals. I have been collecting the parts needed for the weber setup for a couple months now. I just need the jets and It should be ready to install. Im just a med student for now so my budget is low hehe. Ill have to wait til I finish residency to afford nicer toys. This lil guy will do good for now=)