Schnider 296 turbo cam...

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Tizzon

Schnider 296 turbo cam...

Post by Tizzon »

Hey guys... Im in the middle of my turbo build and got a few questions about this cam. Ive built other 3tc's but this is the first time using such a radical cam. Seems like my #3 exhaust pushrod is touching the rocker when I zero. Never really had to degree a cam before but man this lobe is pretty aggressive. any info ?
KE20Rally

Re: Schnider 296 turbo cam...

Post by KE20Rally »

Can you post a picture where it is touching, trying to picture how it might do that.

Cheers,

Pete
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

KE20Rally wrote:Can you post a picture where it is touching, trying to picture how it might do that.

Cheers,

Pete
x2
SF5 FOZZY
Tizzon

Post by Tizzon »

ok guys.. the #3 exhaust valve... rocker is touching and almost pushing the valve open @ factory zero. I backed out the adjustment on the rocker where the pushrod sits. This gave me the red flag to look closely! Factory cams have an intake centerline of 110. Schnider wants me to install this cam using a 108 centerline, meaning I gotta retard the cam. Borrowing a cam degree wheel from a buddy next week and hopefully this will have things at normal. 1st time degreeing such a radical cam.. 8-)
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

First valve lash never go to ZERO "0" not even at factory settings, Second any Schneider turbo cam got a 108 lobe separation, they are 114, maybe centerline you are talking about is different measurement in degrees or something else, i may not understand what u want to said, but yeah use a degree wheel and double check everything cuz i have being as high advertise duration of 308 and a high lift of 515 at the valve and have not had that problem whatsoever!

Are you using OEM valve spring keepers and retainers, or u are using the EMPI VW style ones?
SF5 FOZZY
Tizzon

Post by Tizzon »

Try a reg n/a 296 schnider cam not the turbo. tell me what the centerline is... My mistake Cano racing head. Dual springs, schneider titanium retainers, os valves, stock rockers with collars.
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Tizzon wrote:Try a reg n/a 296 schnider cam not the turbo. tell me what the centerline is... My mistake Cano racing head. Dual springs, schneider titanium retainers, os valves, stock rockers with collars.
No worries bro,
Hey did the retainers look like these ones?

If they do these tend to sunk the valve a little making the retainer to rocker clearance closer, a lot closer!

ImageImage
SF5 FOZZY
AutoAuthority

Post by AutoAuthority »

the lower the centerline the more advanced the cam, the f296 cam can be used for turbo applications with a 110 centerline.
if the valves are sunk into the head, that will cause the rocker to hit. also if you are using longer than factory length valves.