81 corolla rear brake disc conversion

General information for parts interchange and modification.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

baldo

81 corolla rear brake disc conversion

Post by baldo »

What is the best car to get the parts from? Forget the ae86 I will never find those parts. I know people have used Supra, Mustangs and rx7. If anybody has done this and maybe have pics, I would like to hear from you. :D
tron1.8

Re: 81 corolla rear brake disc conversion

Post by tron1.8 »

You could use a 8.8 posi out of a Ford Explorer. The pumpkin is offset so you will need two passenger side axles (I think that's the correct side) and cut the driver side to the correct length.
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

baldo wrote:What is the best car to get the parts from? Forget the ae86 I will never find those parts. I know people have used Supra, Mustangs and rx7. If anybody has done this and maybe have pics, I would like to hear from you. :D
mustang will work, theres a million of them and really cheap, if its a disc brake conversion only you can make the datsun stuff work easy also.
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
Estebot

Post by Estebot »

My brother designed brackets to install the 200sx brakes to the corolla rearend and there are many similar set up soon dwarf car websites.
http://www.peterdmotorsports.com/hubs---rotors.html