1971 Toyota HILUX 3TC R1 swap

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

hemilove

Re: 1971 Toyota HILUX 3TC R1 swap

Post by hemilove »

78sleeper wrote:That is a sweet Truck!!, the motorcycle carbs are Great!! Here is my setup on a 2TC 93 CBR900RR carbs with a dynojet kit in them.
So I like your throttle linkage a lot but mine is on the other side but I already figured out how to do it nice intake too how do the 900's respond on yours mine are super fast and my intake gets mega cold
78sleeper

Post by 78sleeper »

hemilove wrote:
78sleeper wrote:That is a sweet Truck!!, the motorcycle carbs are Great!! Here is my setup on a 2TC 93 CBR900RR carbs with a dynojet kit in them.
So I like your throttle linkage a lot but mine is on the other side but I already figured out how to do it nice intake too how do the 900's respond on yours mine are super fast and my intake gets mega cold
Thanks took a lot of work to make it. The Throttle response is very quick, have not checked the intake mani temp yet. Have added a breather filter on my float bowl vents with my carbs since this picture, wouldnt want to suck somthing in. Just needs a little more tuning, but am waiting to put in a bung on the exhaust so i can use a wide-band oxy sensor to finish. The Dynojet kit that i got for the carbs, since there is no airbox like when on a motorcycle, helped out dramatically. Some Motorcycle carbs take a little restriction on the intake side to make them operate better with the vac assisted slides. way dig the little truck, there was one for sale around here awhile ago for a "Cord of wood", but then i think the guy realized what he had since the ad disapeared... DANG!!
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Wow carlos you did an awesome work with the hilux
The day we learn to think
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

BOBLOOK wrote:Wow carlos you did an awesome work with the hilux
thanks bro hows the corolla rotary going any updates
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

78sleeper wrote:
hemilove wrote:
Thanks took a lot of work to make it. The Throttle response is very quick, have not checked the intake mani temp yet. Have added a breather filter on my float bowl vents with my carbs since this picture, wouldnt want to suck somthing in. Just needs a little more tuning, but am waiting to put in a bung on the exhaust so i can use a wide-band oxy sensor to finish. The Dynojet kit that i got for the carbs, since there is no airbox like when on a motorcycle, helped out dramatically. Some Motorcycle carbs take a little restriction on the intake side to make them operate better with the vac assisted slides. way dig the little truck, there was one for sale around here awhile ago for a "Cord of wood", but then i think the guy realized what he had since the ad disapeared... DANG!!
yup it was hard to find this baby but very much worth it to me what do you mean put breather filters on are you talking about the bottom t connectors
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

hemilove wrote:

Haven't see the car for a while had leg injury couldn't walk for 2 months soon i will start working on it again
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

BOBLOOK wrote:
hemilove wrote:

Haven't see the car for a while had leg injury couldn't walk for 2 months soon i will start working on it again
woah are you ok bro I hope your ok then but I cant wait to see what you have next in store for it
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

so I went to this place to try to find a shifter but no luck then I asked my mom if there was anything that I was looking for at home she found this but this is the old shifter and this is what happened take a look
old shifter
possible candidate
then It broke so back to the old shifter
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

You can't powershift with the shifter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would have be better to drill to give it move strength
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

tight work keep us informed
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com