Roller Cams

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

tavirace

Roller Cams

Post by tavirace »

I've seen Schneider cams has roller cams available for TC engines.Does anyone have experience with them or perhaps another brand?A roller can be a big advantage with no break in or wear problems.
Toyota1515

Re: Roller Cams

Post by Toyota1515 »

tavirace wrote:I've seen Schneider cams has roller cams available for TC engines.Does anyone have experience with them or perhaps another brand?A roller can be a big advantage with no break in or wear problems.
I really want to know how we could fit lifters guides betwine the block and head?
SF5 FOZZY
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Very difficult to understand ,,there's no way the lifter is gonna stay in place unless the bottom had kinda like a ball bearing type of thing!!
Tate Quieto
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

toyotero2dend wrote:Very difficult to understand ,,there's no way the lifter is gonna stay in place unless the bottom had kinda like a ball bearing type of thing!!
Yeap and that will wear the cam so phucking fast that is not even funny!
SF5 FOZZY
NME308

Post by NME308 »

There is a guy posts by the name of Radar who claims to have had roller cam and lifter setup manufactured to suit the 3TC... He used to be on the old forums and he is on Toymods forums.

If you wander over to this link: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showth ... ght=roller there is a picture of the roller lifter setup. It doesn't show it in a block though. I don't think you need to be a member to view the thread.

I will NOT be held to be verifying it will work as a consequence of posting the link however! :lol:

Cheers,
Jason
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

This and a roller rocker set up with efi and boost would be insane.
tavirace

Post by tavirace »

I did hear that a modified small block Ford lifter was used.Rollers have to have the tie bar in between to stabilize them.Normally a roller uses a billet cam but the iron cams can be treated apparently to be good enough for not too aggressive a profile.This could make 3tc's better than most any over head cam set up.
hemilove

Post by hemilove »

tavirace wrote:I did hear that a modified small block Ford lifter was used.Rollers have to have the tie bar in between to stabilize them.Normally a roller uses a billet cam but the iron cams can be treated apparently to be good enough for not too aggressive a profile.This could make 3tc's better than most any over head cam set up.
Interesting
baldo

Post by baldo »

Any updates? :)
autodoctor911

Post by autodoctor911 »

most of the top end pushrod engine roller cams stuff for circle track and road racing has gone away from link bars anyways. Keyed lifters and a slot in the bore do the trick without any external hardware.
2G Celica ministock