exhaust on my 2T te71

Webers, Cam selection and Ignition upgrades.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Teun

exhaust on my 2T te71

Post by Teun »

Hi Guys,

Since I have a downdraft Weber (32/36) lying around wayting to go on, It seems like a good idea to shop for a header.
I seem to recall the 3TC header fits my 2T as well, is this correct?

Exhaust wise, the OEM mini-exhaust system is getting a bit rusty, and I can't seem to find something aftermarket that can fit it.
I feel like it's a long shot, but is there anything that'll fit out of the box? or does anyone have a 2.25" system lying around that they're willing to get rid of? (this goes for a header as well)
I'll probably end up making the stuff with a few friends, but it's always a good idea to not try and reinvent the wheel.
--=...Lowest BHP title owner...=--
connor72

Re: exhaust on my 2T te71

Post by connor72 »

Hello,
Yes I believe the exhaust is exactly the same on a 3tc(bolt patter wise)

here is a link: http://www.brdracing.com/2tc_3tc_exhaust.htm
This is about as good as it'll get for you. People like me (with a1972 te27) are out of luck when it comes to exhaust and have to make our own. Hence the "DIY exhaust flange"

Hope this helps. cheers.
will1983

Post by will1983 »

I agree with Conner, give randy at brdracing a call he might have to make it from last time i remember him telling me about the headers when i got mine from him , he is god people and full of knowledge he done my intake work and paint
Teun

Post by Teun »

Thanks for the info! I've already come across the BRD site before, they do have some cool stuff.

I'm not fully set on leaving the current engine in for the long haul, so at this point I think I'll start by looking at some secondhand options to keep cost down.

Anything in particular I should look out for fitment or quality wise?
sqznby

Post by sqznby »

Tuen,
I was in the same boat, I have an 84 AE86 w/3tc swap, no headers available for me.
I'd give making the header on your own a try before going with BRD.
I recently bought a so called "custom made" header from Randy and it is by far the worst example of a header that I have ever seen.
connor72

Post by connor72 »

Best bet would be to check eBay for someone selling a used
Header. They come on there sometimes.
sqznby

Post by sqznby »

That is a great idea connor.
Another is to troll the forums, I have seen several 3tc headers for sale for rather short money.
Estebot

Post by Estebot »

We have used a 4ag header, cut the flange off and welder a 3t one one to make an easy fit. It's not far off. Takes a little pushing and you have to get the tubes square on the end for the 3t flange but it's not a big deal to do.
Teun

Post by Teun »

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll keep an eye out on the forums. About the 4AG header, with shipping and all, I think it wouldn't be worth the time to do it vs the cost of getting a new one. thank you for the idea though ,great that people are thinking along and encountering the same problems. It helps to find a solution.

I do spot some new units on ebay though, are they all cracked or unacceptable quality?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Those ebay Obx Exhaust Headers 74-82 Toyota Corolla 1.8l 3tc New.... The tube are oke but the welds are poor ! You will have to reweld and reinforce them otherwise they will crack !