Brake upgrade

General information for parts interchange and modification.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

6G72TE28

Brake upgrade

Post by 6G72TE28 »

Looking to upgrade the front brakes on my TE28. I would like to do is find something that will work with the original front struts as I have already invested in shortening them and installing coilovers. Is it possible to fit the larger Ae86 rotors to the TE hubsor can the AE hubs fit the TE struts? A bolt on caliper for this would be great, but not that hard to make a bracket to mount whatever caliper. The bigger the brake rotor the better, so if there is something bigger than the AE rotor that will work, I'm all for that and since this is a street cruiser, I don't necessarily need a vented rotor. Thanks for any assistance.

Mark
Mazota TE51

Re: Brake upgrade

Post by Mazota TE51 »

I am also looking into a brake upgrade as well although its for a TE51. So far what I have come up with is to use 4 piston fc3s rotors with mini cooper rotors redrilled. The only part holding me back is the bracket and I found it but it is in Australia http://www.ajps.com.au/parts/fc_brake_c ... apters.php . I am working with a buddy to see if he can make me the bracket but we shall see. It should be an awesome upgrade considering how good they worked on my old Turbo 2 and how much lighter the corollas are in comparison to the RX7. ;)
6G72TE28

Post by 6G72TE28 »

Anyone have any experience with the Aerospace street kit? Seems like a nice kit with new aluminum hubs, vented rotors, and 4 piston calipers with brackets?

Mark
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

I have this kit i brought it for my ke70 but they doesn't fit. The hub is for small bearing its made for starlet i can make it to work with some customizing ! If get some 5 lugs oem hub i will sell them and buy an willwood kit made to work on ae86 struds
The day we learn to think