1979 Dropped Yellow Corolla 2TC T40

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

ninjastealth

1979 Dropped Yellow Corolla 2TC T40

Post by ninjastealth »

1979 Toyota Corolla TE31 2 Door Sedan DX T40

Looking to pass the torch to an enthusiast with a clean and mostly original TE31 survivor with a factory T40 manual. The working odometer shows 27K… prob rolled over, but maybe not? I've only put about 1200 miles on it since purchase in 2014. I'm the 2nd owner.
It stays garaged and has always been well maintained far before I owned it, besides being pulled out of the hot sun where it sat for a while.
I pulled TEQ filters out of it when I first serviced it. Car has spent its life in sunny Northern California, so there's no rust, I’ve only seen a speck of surface rust inside the trunk corners. Body and paint are by no means perfect with plenty of little door dings and it has its share of small scratches, seen up close. The original paint is over 40 years old and it still shines. It has a clean title and will be Ca smog certified if sold locally, otherwise a bill of sale.

The bad - I removed the chrome roof drip rails and interior A-pillar plastic panels on the sides of the windshield are missing. There is a small rip in the drivers seat and the rear seat back is sun faded and needs to be re-upholstered. The orig dash has cracks filled and has been poorly recovered and has a faded non-fitting dash mat, still doesn't bad. it needs new door/trunk weather seals and wiper refills…(never drove it in the rain).
The aftermarket speakers aren’t hooked up, one headlight is out so I use the dim hi-beams. The stock Aisin carb could use a rebuild or would respond nicely to a Weber or side draft setup if you can get away with that sort of thing. The broadway wide angle mirror is covering up the missing the OEM mirror lens. There is no vinyl liner in trunk.

It has original 2TC with no engine mods except new NGK plugs and wires. I also installed a new exhaust manifold gasket and hardware. It runs well for being 40 years old and the stock 1.6 moves the feather weight 2000lb car quickly. I have went through and replaced all front disk brake components and a new clutch slave cylinder. It has a new custom cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler. I lowered it with 2” blocks, re-sprung customs main leafs with KYB gas shocks in the rear and TTT adj. coil overs/ TTT RCA’s in the front. The car features Mooneyes shiny stainless steel headlight visors,
a Broadway rear view mirror, Grant wood steering wheel, 1980's Hella yellow fog lights with covers, aftermarket stereo, crossovers and speakers in rear tray with 70's Sanyo speaker grills covering them. Door panels and interior vinyl are nice. The wheels are vintage 14x6” Appliance Dia-mags with 50 series low profile tires purchased in 2014, Tread is new.

I have the extra OE front strut casings/springs, OE steering wheel, clean steelie wheels/tires/center caps and spare tire/jack. Toyota 2TC factory engine, emissions and chassis repair manuals. Also...a T50 from a 76” Corolla and some brand new TTT high performance suspension parts
INCLUDED in sale that goes to new owner. You will need a flat bed trailer to transport since 4th gear is geared for good ol' 55 mph.

Call/ text 9 1 6 9 9 7 1 8 8 7

nLiUQrONTH63c9gLPi015Q.jpg
nLiUQrONTH63c9gLPi015Q.jpg (2.56 MiB) Viewed 3712 times
Attachments
IMG_1165.JPG
IMG_1165.JPG (1.72 MiB) Viewed 3712 times
IMG_1760.JPG
IMG_1760.JPG (41.65 KiB) Viewed 3712 times