cGreer20 TE72 Liftback

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

cgreer20

cGreer20 TE72 Liftback

Post by cgreer20 »

Hi all. I picked up this TE72 Liftback about a year ago. The plan is to have a full interior, comfy ride, and responsive controls. I have gathered most of the parts to put this car on digital air suspension and swap EFI onto the 3TC but am still a ways out from getting either of those things finished. Very exited to own a liftback, i've always been a fan of the shooting brake body style and the ae86 and this is kinda a bit like both of those things. here are a few photos of how i got it and where it's currently at.

It came with some goodies like ae86 spindles and brakes and t3 top hats, a Webber 32/36 and a pacesetter header.

The interior was nasty, rodents lived ( and died ) in the ventilation leaving awful smells and stains. it came with a decent sound system but none of the components had been mounted in any permanent way.

The car had been painted at home twice by the looks of it, hood, hatch, and lower half in white. kinda like an inverted panda, then rattle canned black, with some undercoating on the lower half as well. a lot of time has been spent stripping it down close to the original paint. a DA polish gave it some interesting patina.

Ive been hunting down all my missing plastics, looking to end up with a nice black and tan interior, and i'm almost there. the sound system is being changed out for an ATV sound bar and under seat powered sub. also grabbed the old seats from my MR2 and fit them in.

AE25

Re: cGreer20 TE72 Liftback

Post by AE25 »

How's this going?
Big fan of the e7 chassis. Interested to see how you're doing the efi. Ae86 suspension are great upgrades.