79 4door Corolla

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

3trolla79

79 4door Corolla

Post by 3trolla79 »

Got some pics starting to tear down this ole girl and see what we can come up with. For now cleaning some cancer and getting her wells cleaned and goina do some body work then worry about the motor when it's done and the. Paint is last. Anyways I got 3tc obviously. Before I tore it out it had a 32/36 weber with a stock intake and stock valvetrain. High comp Pistons I'm guessing since they aren't flat top. Idk. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on anything. I love advice and ain't afraid of criticism. Learning is what I'm here for. I don't know what kind of Trans but it's a 5 speed no known markings or stamps anywhere. 5th gear is only a hair longer than 4th if that helps anyone guessing. I'm in need of the molding or trim that goes around the front and ear windshields. I have the weather stripping jus no mold or trim. Also in need of a driver side door again it's a four door so idk if anyone has one maybe laying around or anything but it'd help out a lot. As of right now I don't have a welder but goina get a cheap one I can weld and do basic mechanic work so this isn't cake but it is a fun project I love yotas grew up on Kauai so if u been there u know why I like yotas. Jus need advice on what routes to go an how to do some things that are not on here. I goin use some things I already found but I still have questions. Aside from body work and what not. I'm looking for this cat to stick to the ground have fast acceleration and cut corners like antelope running from a cheetah that's inches behind. Not looking to go 200 mph looking to pull through a corner and get it fast as long as it doesn't roll. Idknif that's enough info but I currently have 3 inch blocks in the rear and weld on sleeves with adjustable coil overs. Thinking about using the ae86 setup so that its messier for spare parts and a better brake. Upgrade lines and tubing if needed I also seen a setup with a booster delete. I want to eliminate the leaf springs by not sure how I can weld pretty decent jus need instructions and I can't find anything good enough to follow on how to do your self for rear end builds. I'd like like to make it comfortable with less roll and if possible some how eliminate the springs idk if that sounds right. :shock: :?: I was thinking of going with a 8.8 from a early mustang and having shop weld perches and maybe shorten it if needed which I'm sure it would unless somehow I can find a locker and make it more durable somehow. as for the engine when I get to it I'm not sure what i want because I have a set of bike carbs from a 91 r1 and its 40mm quad mikunis. Ooooor I have a turbo of a 2003 Saab 9-3 aero 2.0 whatever. It's water cooled so idk what I'd have to do to figure it how to plumb it but I'm sure there's wizards on here. I have a dual code radio for from Brd and an msd 6AL an 81 or 82 distributor, 8mm plug wires, lightened pulleys and some orher spare parts like AC and what not but not sure if I'm goina install it. Will try to get pics uploaded please advice and sarcastic trading or teaching acceptable and not frowned upon here I was raised with assholes so please feel free to teach in whichever way
3trolla79

Re: 79 4door Corolla

Post by 3trolla79 »

Keeps saying files to large :?: :(
Justins82

Post by Justins82 »

3trolla79 wrote:Keeps saying files to large :?: :(
Are you uploading them to photobucket and then linking to them in your post?
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

No I haven't tried phot bucket I'll try it today when I get home though hopefully it works I got it on last time but didn't really start the build due to not having a space to tear it down without people complaining. Now I got the space but need to upload photos to ask for advice I'll try when I get home though so far got most the interior out the dash cap is off and goina try and put some leather or somthin on it the cap was cracked and the vinyl was totaled and jus kept cracking as I tried to repair it so I tore it off till there was jus foam and I expandafoamed the huge cracks jus need to get the foam down a little flatter then it's ready for the new upholstery or whatever I'm goina or on it. Thinking somthin from Joanne's hopefully works out. Got the motor out and completely torn down ready for inspection and when the extra cash comes in if I get a ew things sold then I'll start that build. Also knocked it a few dents and attempted to shape the driver side of the radiator support I think is what it's considered or apart of. Found a buttload of cancer in the driver side floor pan some parts rusted through so goina have to replace parts of the pan once I get it ground down to metal and see exactly where I can save or leave and where I need to cut out. Scraped out all the old insulation or whatever it's called on the floor ? Sound insulation ? Idk? Haha got most rust removed on the fender wells jus gotta primer and maybe rhino line or somthin in the wells. Goina th to swap ae86 struts and what not but not sure how to identify what I already have on em because there's already some techno toy tuning weld on sleeves so not sure if i should remove em by invent get pics maybe someone can give me good advice on the next move for those in the longer run I guess. Main goal is to get the body work done right now since finances a little tight at the moment but the build gotta keep going or Otto jus sit and I'll give up. Anyways goina get some photos up tonight or this week hopefully. Good day everybody!
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

Also looking for a door if anyone has one I need a driver door badly I kinda messed it up and there's already a lot of bondo and I don't honk I'm capable of fixing it to look good enough
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

http://rs30.pbsrc.com/albums/c340/micah ... 0&fit=clip can someone tell me if that gets to my photos I been tryna figure this out but can't get it figured out cause they still don't show up as a photo on her
AE25

Post by AE25 »

works fine for me...
right click on the pic you want to show and 'copy image location'. Then come back to your post and put the cursor where you want the pic placed. select the Image