Wheel Wobble?

General information for parts interchange and modification.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

admayen

Wheel Wobble?

Post by admayen »

Hi guys. I just replaced my stock TE72 wheels with a set of aluminum 14x8 celicas. The thing is that now when a drive about 30 mph or more and even when I'm slowing down to a stop, the wheels begin to wobble. It starts to pull side to side. I've had the wheels balanced already. I've never changed the rotors or breaks and the front suspension is old and worn out. I made sure the wheels sat flat on the hub. I even checked for side to side play when I lifted the front end but didn't feel any. Is it possible that it may need an alignment?
32/36 weber blow thru 12psi t3/to4b
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wheel Wobble?

Post by Admin »

This way you can check whether the wheels or the tire wobble, :lol: :lol: :lol: my daily car wobble but is because of the bad tires

admayen

Post by admayen »

I did buy the tires used. Quick question, do you think that by looking at the wheels from the top of the fender a good indication of determining if the wheels are aligned? The wheels do point outwards a bit. They sit like this (fender)] / (wheel out a bit)? I'll take a pic of it and post it up so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

p.s. Not sure if the guy in the video was you or not, but I was worried the wood piece on the drill was gonna shoot out!!! :shock: :lol:
32/36 weber blow thru 12psi t3/to4b
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Bad tires ! you can feel the wobble when u handturn it ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzbM5Nj6y0k

The side where you feel it wobble try to swap the wheel to the another side this way you can determine which tire is bad.
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

You can rotate the tires if still wobble ,, check the front end might have bad idle arms etc.
Tate Quieto
lopez286

Post by lopez286 »

I say is a bad tire is probably got a hump on it