te27 what old parts to update?

Post question & Frequently common parts that you find that fit but weren't supposed to-include the parts numbers if where possible.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Kenny727

te27 what old parts to update?

Post by Kenny727 »

I just got a 82 corolla and I was wondering what parts are outdated and have upgrades available. Not necessarily really high performance upgrades, just more of bolt on "Update" I guess you can call it since the car is over 30 years old.
I noticed the alternator has a Saturn upgrade for it.. even a new stock one puts out more power then the original. I'm trying to make a thread that a new owner can look to and use it to know what to do or not to do in terms of upgrading there te27
does any company make poly bushings for the suspension?
Any different suspension set ups? I cant find too many parts in that area.. only 1 set of springs.
Does the stock exhaust choke this engine if so where at?
Common carb upgrades? Id like 4bbl
Does any company make interior parts by any chance?

I feel like this car will have a "Soft" suspension being 30 years old. so what about tower strut bar? interior chassis brace?

Engine harness or new fuse box? I had AC and PS and Air inj removed about 3 owners back(same family) So i have loose plugs everywhere and also I'm thinking old wire will be pretty tired by now and creating resistance by now

The list of upgrades wlll be on the next post! Thanks all!