why rust on dashboard?

Post question & Frequently common parts that you find that fit but weren't supposed to-include the parts numbers if where possible.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

781masshole3tc

why rust on dashboard?

Post by 781masshole3tc »

so where is this common leak come from that where the dash board reaches the windshield has rust build up, and how can i carefully remove the windshied chrome molding with out damage if thats were the leak is coming from.
Limmie

Re: why rust on dashboard?

Post by Limmie »

Maybe condensation on the inside of the window. It could also just be rust on the outside working its way in. I have had this happen on both my wagons and eventually the windshield cracks because the frame holding it can flex. On one of the cars I braised in a piece of metal which was fine for about a decade. It then rusted in another spot but the entire car is so rusty it isn't worth doing it all again and the car is not officially off the road since where I live it isn't legal to drive with a cracked windshield.

I'm not sure on how to remove the molding without destroying the clips. I have a leak at the top of the windshield on my other 81 wagon and I need to get to it.