Welcome To The New Home of 3TC

Post question & Frequently common parts that you find that fit but weren't supposed to-include the parts numbers if where possible.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
so where is this common leak come from that where the dash board reaches the windshield has rust build up, and how can i carefully remove the windshied chrome molding with out damage if thats were the leak is coming from.
Maybe condensation on the inside of the window. It could also just be rust on the outside working its way in. I have had this happen on both my wagons and eventually the windshield cracks because the frame holding it can flex. On one of the cars I braised in a piece of metal which was fine for about a decade. It then rusted in another spot but the entire car is so rusty it isn't worth doing it all again and the car is not officially off the road since where I live it isn't legal to drive with a cracked windshield.

I'm not sure on how to remove the molding without destroying the clips. I have a leak at the top of the windshield on my other 81 wagon and I need to get to it.
2 posts Page 1 of 1