'73 TE21 Corolla

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

ToyoTy

'73 TE21 Corolla

Post by ToyoTy »

Selling a ’73 TE21 Toyota Corola peanut. Purchased as a father/son project but its time to move on. The front end is totally custom and rebuilt. ‘76 Celica brakes (larger discs), coil over kit and shortened Celica struts. Converted to rack and pinion (78 Starlet), 1" torsion bar, most all of the front end under carriage parts powder coated. The original 2T engine (1600) and 4speed had already been swapped out to a 3T (1800) and 5spd. Owner told us that it was rebuilt about 3yrs before we bought it (7yrs total) and it’s only been driven about 5k mi at most since. The whole car has been pulled apart, dents and rust fixed, new spare tire well welded in, and car repainted. There are a few scratches since and a ding in the hood. The interior needs to be finished. We have a new box of DynoMat ready to be installed. Brand new Roto wheels and tires are fairly warn (still have the alum wheels that were on it when we bought it). The only thing that doesn’t "work" is the heater controls. It didn’t have any when we got it but found used on-line (still needs cables). We have extra fenders and hood and original corolla struts and misc parts... Put a lot of time and effort into this car and sorry we can’t finish it. Our loss is your gain.
$7K OBO
See Pics here...
http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/Toyo- ... t=6&page=1
If that doesn't work, I will load some soon. There are just so many pics its hard to post the best ones.
ToyoTy

Re: '73 TE21 Corolla

Post by ToyoTy »

ELToyota

Post by ELToyota »

I am hoping when you show this to your son he would be interested in a trade.

Toyota Starlet KP61 with N2 kit and wheels worth 4k alone.
Runs and drives like a champ. This car simply needs a motor swap, a unique swap to match how cool the car looks.
562Elvin@gmail.com

ToyoTy

Post by ToyoTy »

Hey El Toyota,

Thanks for the offer but we just want to get the cash for something more modern, stock and reliable. My son is moving away and he needs a good daily driver and can make the 750mi trek once or twice a year. Nice ride though! Good job with that Starlet.

Remember I've listed OBO! Willing to bargain a little... I will be putting it on Craigslist locally and in LA this weekend.

Thanks all for looking.

Dave
ToyoTy

Post by ToyoTy »

I hope its okay to post my Craigslist add. If not, sorry in advance and I wont be offended if admin needs to delete this post. Thanks for looking!

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/5136318527.html
73te21

Post by 73te21 »

Great job ;)
I'm doing a similar project .. I can use the hood and fenders...
Then all that's left to rust repair is lower quarters and trunk area.. If anyone has any of these parts pm me.....

Glws
ToyoTy

Post by ToyoTy »

This car is in Fresno/Clovis area but if I don't sell it by the week of the JCCS I want to trailer it down to Long Beach with my additional parts and wheels and park it in the lot or nearby if anyone is interested in seeing it up close. Please bring money that day if you are serious so we can make the transaction right then. First to offer what I'm asking gets it. If you would like to offer something less that's okay too. I will just want to wait until the end of the show so others have a chance to get closer to what I want to get out of it. A lot of time and effort built into this car already!

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/5191898324.html

Come see it in Fresno otherwise I will see you at the JCCS on the 19th!

Thanks again for looking!!

Dave
ToyoTy

Post by ToyoTy »

Here are a few more pics from this last weekend. I made a pair of door sill kick plates that came out pretty good if I do say so myself. Dash trim pieces back in and polished up the stainless trim on the grille. just needs the Dynamat installed and someone to do carpet. I will be posting this on Craigslist LA and will be at the JCCS in Long Beach this weekend.

Centermass

Post by Centermass »

Good looking build. Door sills are nice and clean :) I have a 74 te21, would you be willing to recreate another pair for sale?
MikeyLawless

Post by MikeyLawless »

I now own this car. He did an amazing job, im essentially finishing it up. This honeymoon is lasting forever haha