ANYBODY GET TRD GEAR DRIVES FOR A 2t OR 3t MOTOR

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

BOBLOOK

Re: ANYBODY GET TRD GEAR DRIVES FOR A 2t OR 3t MOTOR

Post by BOBLOOK »

Sorry to hear bro wow !

So your search is meanly for the quality of the gears ?
The day we learn to think
ELCUCUY

Post by ELCUCUY »

hks also made them for the 3t 2t motor but they are extremely rare
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

smitty808 wrote:WHO DIS JED??
Subject: ANYBODY GET TRD GEAR DRIVES FOR A 2t OR 3t MOTOR
smitty808 wrote:WHO DIS JED??
What is a JED?? this makes me laugh if it is a reference to the Beverly Hillbillies.... I can take that as a compliment since I'm orginally from the country side.

I was there dude in the seventies in Japan for 10 years building and racing. Yes, I'm a old dude now, but with lots of information and experience. Maybe too much information. Look, Those TRD gear drives come up on Yahoo Japan now like two sold less than three months ago.

You will find them listed under TE27 in your search. But for now, here is a place to order the other brand direct.

http://www.kameariengineworks.co.jp/

History lesson of Tom's Racing:
http://www.tomsracing.co.jp/global/usa2 ... index.html
Last edited by 73GTV on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
smitty808

Post by smitty808 »

IS DIS JED THAT USE TO LIVE IN PAIPAIKO HAWAII??
PUNISHER 3 RACING HILO, HAWAI'I
smitty808

Post by smitty808 »

MY FRIEND LIKE BUY (only) TRD GEAR DRIVE
I GUESS U GUYS DONT KNOW HOW TO READ LOL!!!!
PUNISHER 3 RACING HILO, HAWAI'I
pochobuilt71

Post by pochobuilt71 »

HAWAIIAN.......I ALSO LIKE FIND ONE TO, ANY BRAND WILL DO.
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb ... iAodMFgNaw

Take the tour and then ask if these are still available.
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

smitty808 wrote:MY FRIEND LIKE BUY (only) TRD GEAR DRIVE, I GUESS U GUYS DONT KNOW HOW TO READ LOL!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I own two sets, One Tom's and one T.R.D. that is why I said they were not that rare and when I talk to BRD about getting one of his brands, he stated that he had not sold one of these in quite a while, he had made ten of them for a special order to Hawaii and that he got stuck with the last few that were ordered and that it took him a longer while to get those left overs sold. He has them displayed at his site, but no longer produces them anymore. I know I was calling him from his home town while I was passing through wanting to purchase two of his model 1 1/2 years ago.
73GTV

Post by 73GTV »

pochobuilt71 wrote:Hi
Love the Kameari gears but it cost an arm and a leg, its crazy to me how high priced they are, look at how cheap a v8 one cost. Im sure its cheap to make. BRD was real reasonable with his price to bad hes not continuing that set..
Have you ever thought of copying a set to try make ur own?
If i could get my hands on a set of TRD, TOMS or TODA I would attempt to copy them. Im sure its not to hard.
You ever thought of selling any of the ones you have?
No I have them installed on two of the five 2TG engine assemblies that I had brought from Japan, and the price of these was listed at 39,000 yen when they first came out in Japan and were for sale at almost every speed shop in Okinawa. Look it took me years to mail back parts from Japan during the ten years that I was assigned in Japan so none of my stuff is for sale unless I pass away and then my son's can do what they like. Kameari has only doubled the price because they make them to order.

I would bug BRD and make Randy get off of his ass and produce you a special order since he has all of the gear cutting tooling and his design corrected a flaw in the original design of removing the holes that had been made in them to lighten the weight which makes the gear to thin in places causing them to crack.

If you want to produce these for sale good luck, because there is a lot more work involved then copying a design via a cad drawing. Production and material cost makes them an expensive item using a jobber machinist shop produce these in small batches. Unless you own all of the equipment and have the time to do the job right the first time and can absorb your wasted product cost for the first run and corrected modifications to get them to specification, then you indeed will have a quality item with a limited market to sell to.

My brother is an instructor at a college CNC course last year and was contracted for one year, so his time in that shop has come to an end, and even with access to the equipment, the time we have invested in duplication has taken a lot of his off time and we are still not looking at a quality item that we want to attach our names to.

Get off you butt and buy this from them, if you want one and stop being a cheap SOB American that believes because we can produce something cheaper for another domestic model than we can produce for a foreign model vehicle, that our cost to produce should be equally as cheap for a limited production year engine that can hardly be found anymore in the Southern California Junkyards.

I know this for a fact since most of my free weekends, I'm trying to collect enough Block cores to build the other three engines before I pack up and go back east. We were also attempting to recreate the gear-drive for the 18RG. You can see it in the old ad below. Good Luck in your search and also search that link for the japan direct link for these parts and save yourself the addition charge that the USA distributor is gonna charge you since you did not order from them directly..

Hawaiian

Post by Hawaiian »

Bruddah Jed hea boyz & everybody know me back home for this gear drive era in late 80's , I was obsessed with remanufacturing them ,so I did in the early 90s & sold lots. Then I had to stop due to copy rights sue action against me . I received letters by lawyers represent these companies for copy rights issues, bad news so I quit making them. Companies out there have what you call patents, so I realized eh easy fix . TRD HKS Toms Kameari. What you need bruddahs , Jed A.K.A. Mr. Gear Drive got it all day long :lol: , get plenty you know :D I'm looking to remanufacture metal panels next for TE27's & few other things, any other ideas lmk?? TRD $1150 Free shipping to Hawaii only, & I forget how much I sold already world wide :roll: