1979 TE51 Liftback complete part out! (Or purchase complete)

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Foxau2

1979 TE51 Liftback complete part out! (Or purchase complete)

Post by Foxau2 »

I have a 1979 TE51 Liftback with a blown motor that I'm parting out. I don't really want to cut it up though. The entire car is for sale for $750. (or bid for it on eBay) If you are interested and willing to pay more, I have many spare 2TC motors that I can swap in there and you can drive it home! I could swap a used motor into it and sell it complete running for $1400. It is still registered.

I've also posted it complete on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Corolla- ... ars_Trucks

I'd prefer to see it go to someone all in one piece, but I'm willing to part it out.

I will be taking the front seats and the entire exhaust system. But I will have a stainless header to go with this.

It is an automatic running on the original factory carb. The transmission shifted nicely. It got 36 MPG consistently before it threw a rod. :evil: It was originally factory red, but the owner before me plasti-dipped it. It's peeling off a lot of places. The only rust on the entire car is the bottoms of the front fenders. The rocker panels and wheel arches are absolutely rust free. There is dirt on it in the pictures that makes it look bad. But the body is straight and doesn't appear to have ever been in an accident. The factory AC worked quite well and blew cold. The tires have a decent amount of tread left.

The interior is brown and in pretty good shape. It has a rear windshield wiper. The original jack is very clean as are the tools in the tool set. You can see there is no rust in the spare tire well. I just wish my Celica were this clean!

If you have any questions please feel free to text, email, or post on here. My name is Nate and my number is 801-814-2574. If you want any more pictures let me know!

Foxau2@gmail.com

Foxau2

Re: 1979 TE51 Liftback complete part out! (Or purchase compl

Post by Foxau2 »

Parts that are spoken for: Grill, interior A pillar covers, and door rubbers. I already told him, but I think I'm going to let the eBay auction end before I start stripping it. Any parts you guys want post them here so you get first dibs on them when I start pulling parts!
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

High bidder on eBay backed out, so it's up for grabs for parts! I'll send a PM to all the people that have already contacted me.

Parts that are already paid for:

Right rear glass, both front fender lights, factory hub caps, four interior panels from the rear of the car, steering wheel, glove box and cardboard insert, coolant overflow tank.
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

I also have a stainless steel header for sale for $50 OBO out of my DD corolla. Even if I say a part has been taken, send me an email as I might have another one. I've had six of these cars over the years so I have LOTS of parts.
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

Surprisingly enough, I charged the battery and cranked it over and it fired right up! That's after punching the #3 conrod through the block! It spat oil all over my driveway and was noisy but it ran! :)
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

I still have quite a few parts left.

Here is what is gone:

Steering wheel
RR window
ash tray
9 interior rear panels
all four hub caps
Glove box insert and door

Everything else is still available, and the car is available as a whole as well. The rubber gaskets around the doors and front windows are in good shape. If it doesn't sell as a whole I'll probably strip the parts I want from it, and sell it for scrap. I'd hate to see it crushed though so if you're interested message me and let's work something out!
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

I still have most of the car left. I've now more than made my money on it and got a few pieces for myself. I'm willing to let the rest of the car go cheap. Engine /drivetrain is still complete. Send me an offer on the whole car just to get it out of my garage!

I have an extra motor I could throw in cheap if you want it!

Nate
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

Bump! This is still available for sale whole or for parts!
starlet

Post by starlet »

I'm looking for the 2 door mirrors. 216 965 5698 Erny
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

starlet wrote:I'm looking for the 2 door mirrors. 216 965 5698 Erny
Unfortunately the mirrors were one of the things that were broken when I got it.

Nate