W58 to 3tc adapter plate

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Island Chain Racing

Re: W58 to 3tc adapter plate

Post by Island Chain Racing »

bubbajohnson wrote:
Island Chain Racing wrote:
skellington wrote:oh - so - tempting. I have a w58 and a 2t -> t50 bell. What clutch parts do you use with this?
You use the big fly wheel and pressure plate for 3t, w58 clutch to match.
So that would be a T-40 flywheel and pressure plate, with a W58 clutch plate? This is tempting. I still have one of your W-50 adapters I havn't installed because my T-50 has not broken yet :lol:. But I do like the W-58 gearing better.......l
yo bubba wass up….your not driving it like you stole it then….haha….
Grumpy3TC

Post by Grumpy3TC »

Island you still have this w-58 adapter cause i need one ,I will double check this is the right tranny I have,but everything looks this is the one so far.I will contact u soon ,so please let me know if you still have.
MY 3tc is so Grumpy! I feel like eating one or two Rotaries for breakfast today!
slowrolla

Post by slowrolla »

This is awesome!! I'm thinking about getting one. Now when you say use the "big 3tc flywheel" do you mean the factory flywheel? Also what slave cylinder would I have to use?
Thanks
Island Chain Racing

slowrolla wrote:This is awesome!! I'm thinking about getting one. Now when you say use the "big 3tc flywheel" do you mean the factory flywheel? Also what slave cylinder would I have to use?
Thanks
stock will do for both
BrianGT

Post by BrianGT »

Please tell me these are still available?! Unlike Bubba I do blow T50boxes!

I have a W58 with the steel sandwhich plate from a N/A Supra and I need to mate it to my 2T/3TG engine. This looks like a life saver! 8-)

I don't abuse my T50 but the torque destroys the Input bearing and they are unobtainium at the moment so I really do need to upgrade.
Cheers,
Brian
Mazota TE51

Post by Mazota TE51 »

I am interested in on of these adapter plates aswell. Ready to buy let me know. Thanks
Island Chain Racing

hey guys, thnx for your interest...ill make a few and post it when its ready to ship out...give me a week or so...ill keep you posted....mahalos
njccmd2002

Post by njccmd2002 »

do you have to shorten the shafts with this?
Nothing here yet, just and empty space... I just wasted 10 seconds of your life when u finish reading this... LOL
Grumpy3TC

Post by Grumpy3TC »

njccmd2002 wrote:do you have to shorten the shafts with this?
NO ,you dont.
MY 3tc is so Grumpy! I feel like eating one or two Rotaries for breakfast today!
Island Chain Racing

bubbajohnson wrote:
Island Chain Racing wrote:
skellington wrote:oh - so - tempting. I have a w58 and a 2t -> t50 bell. What clutch parts do you use with this?
You use the big fly wheel and pressure plate for 3t, w58 clutch to match.
So that would be a T-40 flywheel and pressure plate, with a W58 clutch plate? This is tempting. I still have one of your W-50 adapters I havn't installed because my T-50 has not broken yet :lol:. But I do like the W-58 gearing better.......l
get er dun....just FYI...im still running the same plate with the same dam tranny for the pass 10 fregin years...haha...and only now i hear winning in that old W50,,,I'm just gonna drain the old fluid and refresh with some mesh and make her say.....