81 2dr corolla electrical HELP,!

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Six1ohrollaz

81 2dr corolla electrical HELP,!

Post by Six1ohrollaz »

I've come to a dead end maybe yu guys can help me out! Here's my problem my headlights don't work nor do the high beams! Other things that don't work such as wipers,hazzards,heater... NOW HERES THE KICKER my turn signals,tail lights side markers/yellows and stop lights all work fine as well as my dash lights I've checked both fuse blocks under dash on the drivers side fuses are fine as well as the engine fuse block is fine swapped out the headlight relay same deal tested the engine block for power with test light I'm not getting any power to the two headlight fuses everything else has power to it swapped the headlight switch on the steering column nothing even swapped headlights from my ae86 cause I kno there good nothing..... I bought the car like this it's ban sitting since 05 if that helps any looked at my chiltons wiring diagram and I'm still stumped is there anything I'm missing? Is there another fuse block or relay I'm over looking or haven't checked? Also my license plate bulbs aren't on but I'm thinking that mite jus be a bulb issue.... I'm thinking the wipers hazzards heater and headlights all work together and it's something along with that maybe???? I dunno I'm stuck here any imput would be gladly appreciated!
BOBLOOK

Re: 81 2dr corolla electrical HELP,!

Post by BOBLOOK »

You have a fried connection somewhere you need to check the connection behind the fuse boxes
The day we learn to think
baldo

Post by baldo »

I think the panel on the driver side is for the rear stuff. If you checked the fuses and they are ok I would say it has to do with the relays or burnt wires. Have you checked everything with a voltmeter? Also in the book it says you have another panel on the passenger side. It has been a lil bit since I have been up there but its either next to the speaker or above the speaker. You are supposed to have a heater relay, wiper control relay, (ecu? lol) charge light relay and fuses. Does your horn work?
Electrical problems are awesome, you can either find the problem or chase it for...... 9 years? :shock: :? Unplug the wire connectors in the engine fuse box and look in the connector, wires and the box for burns. Did you look at the connector when you replaced the headlight?

Im going to school just to help you here! :lol: Ok before you do all that, the simple way to begin is by checking the fusible link in the battery cables. There should be two, I remember one day my lights went out and one of those cables were lose. The reason? One wire is connected to HEADLIGHTS, HORN AND TURNING SIGNAL (HAZARD). Color wires, check green and red with black. If non of this works I will go to your house and help you out. :lol: :lol:
Six1ohrollaz

Post by Six1ohrollaz »

Image. Here's my candidate!!! Thanx for the info it's much appreciated! I'm gonna run thru what you said tomorrow and see what I come across! My horn does not work either forgot to say that as well as far as fusible links go I see none on the battery terminal I kno my ae86 has them but this te72 doesn't at all baldy where are you from? If I can't figure it out I'd appreciate ur help!