Clicking Starter operation Fix

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

BOBLOOK

Clicking Starter operation Fix

Post by BOBLOOK »

Here is the site from the author! He even sell a kit to fix that or you can just DIY your own install http://www.startercontacts.com/relay.htm

As your vehicle ages the ignition switch contacts, wiring, engine control computer, or fuse-box can cause low amperage to be delivered to the starter solenoid when you turn the key to start.

The solenoid doesn't get enough power to engage the starter properly. This can result in clicking and not cranking, or the starter not engaging the flywheel completely before it starts spinning. By adding a relay you use current directly from the battery to engage the starter, only using the ignition switch to control the relay. It\'s very simple and effective.It does more than stop the Clicking. It gives your starter the current it\'s been needing by taking the old worn out factory connections out of the loop!!!

If you get in and turn the Key, and you find your favorite ride has the dreaded Click Syndrome. Then this is the fix it needs Don\'t delay in getting this High quality Ready to go fix. Because waiting can, and will cause damage to your Starter.

Enclosed with the kit are Detailed, Easy to Follow Instructions, with excellent pictures to assist those who might be Mechanically / Technically challenged. All wire is 14 gauge Automotive cross-linked wire ,(OEM is 18ga.) Everything you need to install this is included, Except the Screwdriver. This kit uses a very High Quality 30amp relay and also includes a water proof heavy duty fuse holder, and 30 amp fuse to protect the battery to starter connection. Every one is run through a series of tests before they get the stamp of approval to be sold, This is so that you can be assured that you are getting the Quality Part that you expect.

Push bottom style

Stock with relay modification

Disconnect the positive side of battery.Connect the black ground wire from the relay to a suitable ground. (make sure connection is tight).Locate a good mounting spot for the relay. In my case I used the common body ground screw located beside the battery. You can use any mounting location that is close. On the starter you will notice a spade connector with a single small wire attached Your connection may be a different type. Disconnect this wire and replace with the purple wire from the relay. The original starter wire you removed now needs to be attached to the white wire from the relay. You may need to use different connector depending on your vehicle.You are now ready to attach your positive lead to your battery. Also you will need to attach the red wire with yellow ring terminal to the positive battery lead or clamp.You are now ready to get in, turn the key and bring your beast to life. You will notice that the starter spins faster and there is no more clicking.
Last edited by BOBLOOK on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The day we learn to think
BOBLOOK

Re: Clicking Starter operation Fix

Post by BOBLOOK »

From the broke data manually incorporated in the new board :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: more to come !
PITAYO

Post by PITAYO »

This is some Really Good Stuff!!!
If it's Not a Toyota then it's Junk!!!
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Thanks
Kenny727

Post by Kenny727 »

I think I can be having this problem.
The car came with the relay wired in it already. I think I plugged in the wrong wires..
Where does the ignition switch come from and what color is it?
If I throw jumper cables on it it starts right away.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Kenny727 wrote:I think I can be having this problem.
The car came with the relay wired in it already. I think I plugged in the wrong wires..
Where does the ignition switch come from and what color is it?
If I throw jumper cables on it it starts right away.
Hey Kenny

The majority kits use the existing starter connector attach to the replay 85 or 86 pin
Kenny727

Post by Kenny727 »

Okay well that is connected. I have 4 wires for it, Starter, Power, Ground, (Left side of engine bay IDK)

What should that last connection be?
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Kenny727 wrote:Okay well that is connected. I have 4 wires for it, Starter, Power, Ground, (Left side of engine bay IDK)

What should that last connection be?
Starter Pin 87a on the relay
Power Pin 30 on the relay
Ground 85 on the relay
Switch 86 on the relay