JNC Alarm Wiring

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

marsmann

JNC Alarm Wiring

Post by marsmann »

For anyone who has installed alarms in these old cars what is the best connection point for bridging into the parking lights? On my TE51 it appears that the 12v+ is Green or GreenWhite based on the electrical diagrams I have but it keeps causing fuses to blow out. It doesnt like me going to a park light directly and going directly to a fuse caused problems as well. Is there a better wire/connection I can use somewhere under the dash? I know sometimes the color codes change between harnesses and connectors.... and it isn't easy to trace it all out.

Door triggers, etc. were all easy. I just mapped over to, in my case, red/white wire on doors since that gives a negative signal when tripped. Instant triggers like trunk and hood were no problem either.

Any help appreciated.
Last edited by marsmann on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOBLOOK

Re: Electrical Question - Wiring an alarm. What color wire

Post by BOBLOOK »

The 12v is the power source for the alarm ? or an switch who activate when the speed goes out of park? Most alarm trigger by grounding to negative
The day we learn to think
marsmann

JNC Alarm Wiring -Re: Electrical Question - Wiring an alarm.

Post by marsmann »

Thanks for responding!

I'm good with the rest of the alarm. Everything works fine as far as activating, deactivating, alarms being triggered by doors, trunk, etc. I just can't connect the wire from the alarm into the car's parking lights that allows the lights to go off when the alarm is sounding.

Typically this connection goes to a + wire source for the parking lights but everything I have tried so far causes fuses to blow. Was wondering where and which wires people on here have used. I have tried going to fuses and park lights directly on the + line but the car doesn't like it. Didn't know if there was a good known source for tapping into the lights underneath the dash area.

Hope I explained it better there. Everything else on the alarm works fine.
Last edited by marsmann on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
marsmann

JNC Alarm Wiring

Post by marsmann »

I figured it out. The wire connection was fine, it was just a matter of using a clean ground connection and going to a solid 12v source. I was initially tapping into a reg/green wire that feeds the clock constant 12v but that wasn't strong enough.

Here is the breakdown for anyone needing to do this. I have a DEI Python alarm so I'll provide both the Python wire codes along with the car's codes. Since our cars don't have many power accessories most of the wires on my alarm don't get used so this will cover the basics of doors, trunk, hood, ignition (for starter kill), lights, etc. This was installed on a 79 TE51 so please verify your wiring codes for your year and model. This is only meant as a guide so use at your own risk.

Alarm Color codes on left, Toyota wiring color codes on right:

Python Orange (500ma armed output) - not used
Python White (Selectable light flash output) - Connected to Toyota's 12v+ Green / GreenWhite wires. I used a side marker but any G/GW will do
Python White/Blue (200ma output) - not used
Python Black/White (200ma output) - not used
Python Green (Neg Door Trigger) - Connected to Toyota's Red/White wire on door pin. Only one door needs to be connected
Python Blue (Neg Instant Door Trigger) - Connected to Toyota's rear trunk & hood singular pin wires. Mine was Red/White at the pin
Python Violet (Pos Door Trigger) - not used since our cars are negative signal
Python Black (Ground) - Connected to clean chassis ground on car
Python Yellow (Pos Ignition Kill Switch) - Connected to Toyota's Black/Yellow or Black/White (dep on your car) wire from ignition switch START position. Must be this wire that shows 12v+ when in the START switched position
Python Brown (Pos Horn Conn) - Connected to Python Horn's red wire. The horn's negative simply gets grounded on any metal
Python Red (constant 12v+ source). I went straight to the car's 12v battery terminal using an appropriate fuse inline
Python Red/White (200ma output) - not used

So, if you have a DEI alarm this will work as a 1 to 1 mapping for basic alarm functions. RF Antennae and shock sensors are all on the main alarm module itself so no wire connections there to the car. If you are using another type of alarm this will, at least, provide you with the car's wiring color codes for you to tap into for your specific alarm install.

Thanks!
JonXrs

Re: JNC Alarm Wiring

Post by JonXrs »

Thanks for sharing
78 Te38 - Sold & Bought back, Current Project
79 Te31 - Sold
82 Te72 Stw - Sold
81 Te72 Stw - Parts Wagon
81 Te72 Stw - Daily Driver