STARTING PROBLEM, ELECTRICAL, Help please!

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

prmaniac

STARTING PROBLEM, ELECTRICAL, Help please!

Post by prmaniac »

I HAVE A 81 ROLLA AND WHEN TRYING TO START THERE IS NOT LIGHT ON THE CLUSTER PANEL, BUT THERE IS POWER ON HEADLAMP, HORN AND BRAKE, NO WIPERS. RELAY ISSUES? DAILY DRIVE, PLEASE HELP!

I CHANGE THE MAIN RELAY NEXT TO BATTERY, STILL THE SAME, I TOOK THE IGNITION COVER AND IF I JUMP A COUPLE OF WIRES EVERYTHING LIGHT UP ON CLUSTER PANEL (CHARGE, BRAKE, ALL OF THEM) IS THERE ANOTHER RELAY OF A FUSE THAT I CAN IDENTIFY ????

AM (BLACK RED STRIPE) AT IGNITION SWITCH DONT HAVE 12V?? WHERE IS THE FUSIBLE LINK LOCATION?
Last edited by prmaniac on Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
baldo

Re: STARTING PROBLEM, ELECTRICAL, Help please!

Post by baldo »

Man thats weird! When it happens to me the tail lights dont work and its a fuse thats bad. That might be my next guess or a plug behind the cluster might be loose.
prmaniac

Post by prmaniac »

PLEASE HELP! :(
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Check your switch if it has the proper 12v use an 12v tester. I look like you accessory aren't getting power. You have to check on the passenger R below behind the speaker cover there is an relay check those.
Attachments
Switch
Switch
FHmf3z8eY-Yd8K_Yah5y8dyYq8lX2j-6XNcPZz79YtTZodi-RLoHmmCG98Qquh6DIhB0VWsXQ38afQBUbs4=w271-h265-nc.jpeg (8.56 KiB) Viewed 6188 times
The day we learn to think
baldo

Post by baldo »

Fusible link should be two wires going to the positive terminal. I think stock, both cables come together and goes to the battery as one. In the book thats whats connected to the ACC. Check all the wires connected to the battery and follow them. My fusible link was burned at the connection point and did not find it easy. Then when I replaced it I decided to cut it and it was burned inside.
So I would check all the fuses in the car, and then have somebody sit in the car and start moving wires on the battery and see if the lights go on.