Sparks when putting on battery cable or jumpers

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

3trolla79

Sparks when putting on battery cable or jumpers

Post by 3trolla79 »

Alright guys we got the best of the best here so hopefully so,one can help first off I have 79 corolla the problem is when I try to hook up the jumper cables or battery cable it sparks like somthin is shorting out but it don't see any wires grounding out. Second is I'm not getting any spark to the plugs I've changed the could the wires are good the car was running before I pulled the head off to do the gasket but now I have these issues anything will help please someone give me a direction
mikealike

Re: Sparks when putting on battery cable or jumpers

Post by mikealike »

3trolla79 wrote:Alright guys we got the best of the best here so hopefully so,one can help first off I have 79 corolla the problem is when I try to hook up the jumper cables or battery cable it sparks like somthin is shorting out but it don't see any wires grounding out. Second is I'm not getting any spark to the plugs I've changed the could the wires are good the car was running before I pulled the head off to do the gasket but now I have these issues anything will help please someone give me a direction
does it have points or electronic?
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

I thinks points? Regular 3t withe the dizzy running off the cam
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

My battery was dead as he'll tho but I replaced the battery now it doesn't spark but I still can't get spark....I was looking at another post on the crank shafts from a 2t and a 3t and I have a 2t crank pulley would that make a diffremce when I try to set the timing?