ignition switch wire

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

pr82rola

ignition switch wire

Post by pr82rola »

where can i find the 12v switched wire so i can pigtail off it for my alternator. i can't seem to find a red 12v switched wire under my hood
baldo

Re: ignition switch wire

Post by baldo »

I dont think its red but Im not sure. In my car there are 2 wires by the water neck together, one is the temp switch wire and the other one goes to the starter. Try to find that wire. Pigtail from your alternator on a Toyota? You might not want to do that. Another thing, the starter wire will only get power to start the car. :?
pr82rola

Post by pr82rola »

well all the diagrams i've looked at says the charge lamp and the ign switch is one the same circuit. i tracked down the charge and wondered has anyone connected the charge lamp and ign sw wires from the alternator to the same circuit.

also i tried wiring in a single pole switch for the 12v switched circuit for the alternator coming direct from the battery is it possible that burnt out my alternator.

it worked for about 5mins then the alternator died
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

I don't have the diagram if you can email or post them up i look for

In an External alternator car you won't find the IG near the existing alternator harness because those cars simple don't use them.

You got to run an wire from the female voltage regulator plug to the alternator.
Attachments
charge system.jpg
charge system.jpg (56.41 KiB) Viewed 8495 times
The day we learn to think
pr82rola

Post by pr82rola »

Since i removed the voltage regulator and the relay that it connects to. I used a 4 wire internal voltage regulator type alternator and the ignition switch was almost impossible to find. i pigtailed off the ignition switch itself it was the black wire with the yellow stripe which was 12v switched

incase your color wire is different it was the wire highest on the switch

this was in a 1982 te72
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

I make some picture tomorrow maybe they where the same color that way easiest you problem
Machukate31

Post by Machukate31 »

Hello guys I am looking for the remedy for the clicking symdrome . Any direct link s. Thanks .
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Machukate31 wrote:Hello guys I am looking for the remedy for the clicking symdrome . Any direct link s. Thanks .
Is posted in the Diy section

Clicking fix