TE72 Electric Window Conversion

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Coyota

TE72 Electric Window Conversion

Post by Coyota »

Hi. I have a 1982 Corolla 4-door sedan with the 3TC engine. Has anyone converted to electric windows for this model? I am considering this conversion as the manual window regulator is worn out, and I haven't found a replacement, yet. Thank you very much! Coyota
mikealike

Re: TE72 Electric Window Conversion

Post by mikealike »

Coyota wrote:Hi. I have a 1982 Corolla 4-door sedan with the 3TC engine. Has anyone converted to electric windows for this model? I am considering this conversion as the manual window regulator is worn out, and I haven't found a replacement, yet. Thank you very much! Coyota
Ive used the mazda 626 motors and regulators before, also if your going to the jy grab the wiring harness for this as its a clean easy setup
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

SF5 FOZZY
santos

Post by santos »

Nice!

Toyota1515 wrote:LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Awesome :lol: :lol:
santos wrote:Nice!

Toyota1515 wrote:LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

The day we learn to think
Foxau2

Post by Foxau2 »

I converted my 77 Celica to power windows and locks with a kit from eBay. It worked, but a little slow. The passenger window ended up stripping the gears because the window mechanicals weren't in good shape. As long as your windows go up and smoothly and easily you can get the kits on eBay.
Coyota

Post by Coyota »

Thank you for the replies, however, the cordless drill only works great IF your regulator isn't stripped! Nice pic, there! I will look into the Mazda 626 parts. BTW, what year(s) of Mazda 626? I may devise something using a 12V linear actuator, or check into newer Corolla electric window mechanisms. It looks to be pretty much a straight lift up and down on the front left glass.

Coyota in Kansas