A/C

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

terx

A/C

Post by terx »

I recently picked up a TE31 1977 Coupe. Doesn't have AC, but I've seen other models with AC. How hard would it be to add AC? I know I would have to acquire the system from another car. Would my car need anything for the electronics other then an AC button and AC relay?
skellington

Re: A/C

Post by skellington »

I am with you on this one. I have the same model, but a 76. I am thinking of making my own brackets and putting a 1994 camry AC in. These are ICE cold and use the 134 refrigerant. I know what components I would need, but the electrical is a mystery to me. what keeps the compressor from freezing up? I am intrested in what you come up with.
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

Don't forget to get the solenoid that goes on the carb.,it's the one that kicks up the idle a bit when the ac is on
Tate Quieto
3trolla79

Post by 3trolla79 »

I got a 79 te31 went to the junk yard a while ago found a 77 coupe with an ac system in it it was jus a ground and relay with positive goin to a toggle switch I had to go and get the lines from a shop and they refused to do the job for me so I bought the lines and used the same clamps it was like radiator hose clamps with a hook on em to prevent the hose from slipping worked fine I had to get a difrent belt that was the right length and I also took the pulley from the junkyard
chris76corolla

Post by chris76corolla »

so it works??
corolla lifestyle