anyone with coilovers...springrate question

General information for parts interchange and modification.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

osrolla

anyone with coilovers...springrate question

Post by osrolla »

Im looking at coilover conversion kit from t3 for my 82 te72. What springrates do you guys have? Its my daily driver, only going to lower it a little bit not slammed or anything, function over form for me. What would be a good rate for the lil te72?
82 te72, 1.8 3tc, cam, headers, weber 32/36. ALOT more to come!
mikealike

Re: anyone with coilovers...springrate question

Post by mikealike »

osrolla wrote:Im looking at coilover conversion kit from t3 for my 82 te72. What springrates do you guys have? Its my daily driver, only going to lower it a little bit not slammed or anything, function over form for me. What would be a good rate for the lil te72?
front would have to be in the 300 range and the rear is in the 250 range. I use 350 in the front of my rolla and the rear is soft do to launch and track only...I hope this helps
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
rolla_rage

Post by rolla_rage »

I had 250lb/in up front on my fully trimmed wagon daily driver. It may have been a bit stiffer than stock, but still very much a daily; not too stiff. I would maybe go up to about 300, above that its prob start feeling pretty rough. After adding about 100lbs of weight with an engine swap I now run 325's and it is pretty good mix of stiff and decent ride.

-J
Ecotec 2.0L LNF powered 82 Corolla Wagon daily driver. 314whp/344TQ
ulises_te72

Post by ulises_te72 »

So what spring rate should i used? I have a 1jz on my 1980 corolla

rolla_rage

Post by rolla_rage »

ulises_te72 wrote:So what spring rate should i used? I have a 1jz on my 1980 corolla

Sweet! I'm curious, what did you use for trans and rear axle? Did you have to cut the tunnel up quite a bit? What kind of power are you making?

My wagon weighs 2550lbs and I run 325lb/in up front. I think they are just right for daily driver and hold their own for a little canyon carving. I've been running tokico blues up front, but I've never quite thought it was enough dampening. This next week I plan to modify my strut tubes and install sw20 AGX adjustable rear cartridges up front.

-J
baldo

Post by baldo »

Thats easy, cressida or supra everything in the front! :D
ulises_te72

Post by ulises_te72 »

rolla_rage wrote:
ulises_te72 wrote:So what spring rate should i used? I have a 1jz on my 1980 corolla

Sweet! I'm curious, what did you use for trans and rear axle? Did you have to cut the tunnel up quite a bit? What kind of power are you making?

My wagon weighs 2550lbs and I run 325lb/in up front. I think they are just right for daily driver and hold their own for a little canyon carving. I've been running tokico blues up front, but I've never quite thought it was enough dampening. This next week I plan to modify my strut tubes and install sw20 AGX adjustable rear cartridges up front.

-J

No modification to the tunnel, just a little bit of denting to fit the bell housing, i did drop the crossmember 1 in to push the engine a little more back. No cutting what so ever. The power its great, i am using a toms tech computer, water/air intercooler, 440cc injectors, 3in exhaust and 14 pounds of boost. My rear end is stock but i am fabricating a ford 8.8 rear end at the moment.
rolla_rage

Post by rolla_rage »

Very cool, clean install too!