TB EFI for 3TC - Will it work?

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

slaus

Re: TB EFI for 3TC - Will it work?

Post by slaus »

mikealike wrote:
Toyota1515 wrote:
slaus wrote: So what about the ATOMIC EFI from MSD?
To be honest i haven't seen anyone using any of those systems in any turbo application, and i have ask the question many times in different places!
Same here, just sell your setup and buy the newest stuff.

Yeah Mike, that is the plan...

It may be a bit costly to try this TB setup and then it doesn't work well unless someone can prove to me otherwise

Like i said, next year i'll be checking you...
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Info Atomic site new feature for the TB since this summer ;)

http://www.atomicefi.com/Atomic_EFI_Kits.aspx

Read somewhere about 45psi but can't remember where

Code: Select all

Blow Through or Draw Through
    2 BAR MAP, up to 14psi
    Timing Control (Retard per pound of boost)*
    Alternate Air Fuel setting under boost
Here the pdf installation said to be set for 4 cyl aswell
Instruction

But like the guy already said rather use an system that has being prove already !
The day we learn to think
slaus

Post by slaus »

BOBLOOK wrote:Info Atomic site new feature for the TB since this summer ;)

http://www.atomicefi.com/Atomic_EFI_Kits.aspx

Read somewhere about 45psi but can't remember where

Code: Select all

Blow Through or Draw Through
    2 BAR MAP, up to 14psi
    Timing Control (Retard per pound of boost)*
    Alternate Air Fuel setting under boost
Here the pdf installation said to be set for 4 cyl aswell
Instruction

But like the guy already said rather use an system that has being prove already !
Yeah BOB, i did go to the website and saw this and that's what made me start this thread.. Only thing is i didn't call MSD as yet. As far as their coils and ignition boxes go, i can't complain... The 45 psi you're referring to is the required fuel pressure that is to be delivered to the TB ( Kinda disappointing to see the maximum boost that can be run is 14psi though :( ) The tempting thing here is that it looks so easy to hook up but i'm just weary of the cost vs actually working well!!

Wish i could get this as a Christmas gift or sponsorship.. :lol:
slaus

Post by slaus »

Called MSD and they said they said it'll work but they can't guarantee it'll work on an engine with a cam with greater than 250 deg duration @ 0.050 even if it's a four cylinder since all the tests they did were on V8...

Then again, i remember when i first called Holley on if the 600 CFM Supercharger carb would work well on a 1600 CC supercharged engine and they said NO.. But as far as my experience is going, this Holley is super smooth yet very responsive for this application and i did no mods regarding jetting.. I previously tried a 45 Weber sidedraft and the car was doing mid to high 16's on the quarter mile with it vs the high 15's it does currently..

PREVIOUS SETUP WITH 45 sidedraft
IMG-20120924-00056-1.jpg
IMG-20120924-00056-1.jpg (192.27 KiB) Viewed 14382 times
CURRENT SETUP WITH 600 CFM HOLLEY
IMG-20130320-00141-1.jpg
IMG-20130320-00141-1.jpg (199.31 KiB) Viewed 14375 times
Last edited by slaus on Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Now we know why the 4 baggers guys don't use the msd ;)
The day we learn to think
slaus

Post by slaus »

BOBLOOK wrote:Now we know why the 4 baggers guys don't use the msd ;)
I am thinking about approaching them for R&D on a four cylinder and use my current setup as the test mule.... Hope they can buy into it and send me one free of charge to try out... i'd happily stamp the MSD Atomic EFI sticker on the side of my car if it works and works better that the Holley carburettor!!
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

slaus wrote:
I am thinking about approaching them for R&D on a four cylinder and use my current setup as the test mule.... Hope they can buy into it and send me one free of charge to try out... i'd happily stamp the MSD Atomic EFI sticker on the side of my car if it works and works better that the Holley carburettor!!
The way your setup is it could work as u are not pressurizing the system, it will act like a hungry engine my question is when it boost up, and a rising rate Regulator feed the injectors abruptly will they be enough to feed the boosted charge or the ECU will try to cut back duty cycle cuz didnt understand whats going on?
SF5 FOZZY
slaus

Post by slaus »

Toyota1515 wrote:
slaus wrote:
The way your setup is it could work as u are not pressurizing the system, it will act like a hungry engine my question is when it boost up, and a rising rate Regulator feed the injectors abruptly will they be enough to feed the boosted charge or the ECU will try to cut back duty cycle cuz didnt understand whats going on?
Well based on what MSD said, it was designed to work for both blowthrough and drawthrough, just for drawthrough you have to modify the throttle body for boost referencing, which is exactly what is done for the Holleys. nice thing is that the boost referencing involves just removal and relocation of one screw!!

I want one to tryout just for the heck of it... :lol:
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Trust me if it works i will buy one ASAP!
SF5 FOZZY
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

Toyota1515 wrote:Trust me if it works i will buy one ASAP!
ditto
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com