Weber turbo prep.

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

baldo

Weber turbo prep.

Post by baldo »

How or what do you need to do to make this happen? I will be more specific and get the obvious answers so I can get what I am looking for.
DCOE = air box,rubber top cover gasket,fuel pump, sealed shaft bearings and nytrophyl floats. Questions, where to get the floats? and other than the other parts, is that it?
32/36 = a turbo hat aaand thats it? I have seen kits for these for like $250.
So with that said, its not an 8 second car, just a weber with a little boost. Maybe 35psi :lol: No maybe like 8 to 12 max for the DCOE. For the 32/36 I dont even know because I think it would be very interesting to tune it!
baldo

Re: Weber turbo prep.

Post by baldo »

Sooooo nobody knows were to get the DCOE floats and that is all I need for the turbo? Ok thank guys!.................... :? :roll:
NME308

Post by NME308 »

http://www.carburetion.com/weber/weberparts.asp

Pick your poison...

Most anybody who isn't a secret squirrel old school race shop use Holley for blow through applications. For some reason the weber crowd are few and secretive! People pop up asking your questions from time to time on the web and NEVER does anyone answer...

For low boost I think your own suggestions plus tuning will work.

If you go a holley then me and all the others can give you all the advice you need! :lol:

Cheers,
Jason
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

I know who preps the webers and builds the air box too
Tate Quieto
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

I do know how to do it the propper way as Casañas himself show me how to do it, and we have being 40+ psi with them,

And i have seen many sets done by renown shops thay said they know, done wrong and carbs ruined by their lack of knowledge,

The reason for the secretivity is all based on the effort and R&R that take to learn to do em right, and regardless the EFI easy acces of today, webber blow thru always be there for those who love the carbs,

And with that said, the secretivity of the art of make em work right and modified em the right way will always exist and only way to find out is to pay to get a set done and figure it out by yourself, it is being like that for years since i remember!
SF5 FOZZY
baldo

Post by baldo »

Well ok then, I guess I have to custom make my parts for a simple non racing set up. I was only looking for the parts I need cause I can take it from there. I was not looking to join a cult! :| Well thanks for all the "help"!
NME308 those are the regular floats, I can find those. I guess I have to make what I am looking for. I have thought about Holleys but since I can work with Webers and have everything for the set up I will go with that. Since I have "everything"! :lol:
toyotero2dend I can prep the Webers and can get a box. Just looking for a needle in a hey stack part it looks like.
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

Nothing special to look for on doing webber prep for turbo application all is in the preparation and how to convert them, nothing special no cult, just plain ol tricks to make em special!
SF5 FOZZY