3tc dyno numbers, anybody?

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

baldo

3tc dyno numbers, anybody?

Post by baldo »

Looking for at least 200 HP set up N/A. Just want to really know from somebody that has done it and what they used. Im pretty much done with my engine, all I need is the pistons. Im thinking 11:1 pistons but if not possible to get those numbers then looking to go turbo. I know I can get crazy numbers with a turbo set up, just dont want to go that way yet. So, ANYBODY?.....
Xanicron

Re: 3tc dyno numbers, anybody?

Post by Xanicron »

I personally have no experience building a 3TC, but 200hp sounds a little optimistic, and if achievable I don't think it would make sense financially.

I would also like to hear some experienced 3T tuners chime on this.
baldo

Post by baldo »

No hits huh? Ok, Any Dyno numbers and set ups then? 100 HP, 130, 150....... Do we ALL really rebuild these engines and have a friend of a friend tune them for us? :shock: :lol:
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

Is simple many of those Hp# are spooky :lol: :lol: most time you hear 645hp low boost on GAS :lol: :lol: and never show dyno graphics
The day we learn to think
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

SF5 FOZZY
KE20Rally

Post by KE20Rally »

200hp at the fly is very easy, just be prepared to spend a little, I have built 2 engines with 2 different camshafts being the difference.

Engine #1:

Arias 89mm 12.1 comp pistons
Crower 300° cam
Twin 45dcoe Weber
Ported head, 1mm oversize valves
Sunoco GT plus race fuel
3TEU electronic dizzy
Plus all the usual bits including extractors etc

All this netted 145rwhp, most people would agree this would be over 200hp

However due to a camshaft failure, I needed to Do a rebuild, I wasn't happy with the power delivery of the crower cam (to peaky for a rally car) so I built the same engine as above but with a Schneider cam, from memory it was 262°@50". This setup netted around 135rwhp, but a much broader torque curve, perfect for the rally car.

I am sure there is more power to be had with efi as the power drops a little unusually towards the top end, I think this is due to poor spark and fuel control at the top end, as the power curve flattens rather than falls away at around 6k.

If you are looking for 200rwhp, you will need to build a high reving beast, and with alot of effort, you might get it.

Hope this helps,

Pete
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

How does such high comp build run on E85 ethanol with the 12 comp
The day we learn to think
KE20Rally

Post by KE20Rally »

BOBLOOK wrote:How does such high comp build run on E85 ethanol with the 12 comp

I have stayed well away from ethanol for then following reasons:

-fuel consumption is basically doubled, so I need to carry twice the weight in fuel and the economics of running ethanol over race fuel is diminished.
-corrosion and damaged injectors, I'm running Webers so not a huge problem, but still extra work required, also ask any respectable injector company about their customer issues with injectors !
-extra oil changes due to ethanol/moisture contamination

I only use about 40l an event, although expensive, race fuel is not that bigger cost when you take into account all the other costs involved in a rally. With that said, if I was to build a road engine, I would probably aim for a comp of 11:1, efi and tune it on our local 98ron fuel!

Pete
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

KE20Rally wrote: I have stayed well away from ethanol for then following reasons:

-fuel consumption is basically doubled, so I need to carry twice the weight in fuel and the economics of running ethanol over race fuel is diminished.
-corrosion and damaged injectors, I'm running Webers so not a huge problem, but still extra work required, also ask any respectable injector company about their customer issues with injectors !
-extra oil changes due to ethanol/moisture contamination

I only use about 40l an event, although expensive, race fuel is not that bigger cost when you take into account all the other costs involved in a rally. With that said, if I was to build a road engine, I would probably aim for a comp of 11:1, efi and tune it on our local 98ron fuel!

Pete
X2

Only way i would run E85 is in a full race drag car, period!
SF5 FOZZY
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

baldo wrote:Looking for at least 200 HP set up N/A. Just want to really know from somebody that has done it and what they used. Im pretty much done with my engine, all I need is the pistons. Im thinking 11:1 pistons but if not possible to get those numbers then looking to go turbo. I know I can get crazy numbers with a turbo set up, just dont want to go that way yet. So, ANYBODY?.....
LAst 3tc with a pro series head, Big cam and throttle bodys with 12 to 1 compression laid down 176 at the wheel reviing it to 8800 rpm. Go turbo engine last long, no need to turn the rpm and good with 93 pump gas, IMO
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com