efi vs blow thru carb

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Dj Flights

efi vs blow thru carb

Post by Dj Flights »

Hey how you doing I've had my 81 rolla for a little while now and I've decided to boost it but I'm having a hard time deciding witch would be the best way my options are to efi or blow thru carb

If I go efi I've seen some one run 1zzfe intake manifold with a 5.0 throttle body
I would like to do a similar set up

Or

Brd 4barrel intake manifold with a holley 600cfm blow thru

I would like to know the pros and cons
I will be running it with 3sgte pistons 87mm
Arp head studs main studs port polished head 284 cam with a garret gt35 turbo and hoping for 350 hps

But my questions are is witch would be more reliable and what wire harness and ecu could ise if I go efi or will I have to buy a stand a stand alone. With the blow thru carb how hard would it be to tune and would I get the same results. Or better??? Anything would help thanks I will be using the rolla as a drift car
admayen

Re: efi vs blow thru carb

Post by admayen »

Hi Dj flights, I have a 350 cfm blow thru with stock 3tc intake in the works. I've tried many different combinations like a 600 4010 Holley marine and a 390 cfm Holley and even an eldelbrock with the BRD 4 barrel intake manifold, personally I think that is way overkill. The setup that has worked the best for me has been the 2 barrel 350 cfm. If anything, a carburetor is very susceptible to flooding or leaking fuel more easily than efi. Also, I'd suggest to start off with a brand new carb if possible. What's your intention? Street or strip?
32/36 weber blow thru 12psi t3/to4b
Dj Flights

Post by Dj Flights »

Hi, how you doing adymayen. Thanks for the advise I was thinking the 4 barrel because I thought it would handle the boost better in high rpm. Iim new to blow thru carbs.and I'm planing to use the car for both if possible. Just woundering but right now my 3tc is na and I have a weber 32/36 how would I go about making it hold pressure?
admayen

Post by admayen »

I've thought about doing this before. This is what I would do, block off the choke system (JB weld will do it), use a nitrophyl float (black one) and a 5 1/8 inch carb hat adaptor so that you can put on a turbonetics hat or any other for that matter. This is what the adaptor looks like http://www.ebay.com/itm/290920755357?ss ... 1438.l2648 The floats you can also find on ebay.
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

I was at the point were your at. I was carbed and when i went to different areas i had to carry a bunch of Jets with me. I then decided to jump to the dark side and purchased a efi unit, brought the intake and made it work. If your interested i can help. Hit me up.
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
Dj Flights

Post by Dj Flights »

Thank you bro just woundering about how much boost could it hold after that? And for now I just reasently got a s15 turbo manifold that ima make fit on it I pick it up monday for 20bucks!!! Lol yeah and I'm gonna order those parts fo the carb and a rebuild it. For it and for now ima run a t25. Until I purchase everything else.
Warren

Post by Warren »

As long as the efi setup is made by correctly it will always be more reliable.
BCWorks
admayen

Post by admayen »

Warren wrote:As long as the efi setup is made by correctly it will always be more reliable.

True. The efi won't leak as much as a carb setup. Carb setup can be cheap and reliable, but I do think that efi is the way to go as far as consistency and reliability. Although you can make a carb setup work well. ;)
Dj Flights

Post by Dj Flights »

Are brass floats better or worse than nitrophyl float?
And how much boost could it hold?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Microtechefi is developing of an new LT9c ecu fuel & timing for street/strip cars. The announce that the retail price will be $795 for ECu & loom

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater