efi vs blow thru carb

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

Toyota1515

Re: efi vs blow thru carb

Post by Toyota1515 »

BOBLOOK wrote:Megasquirt have more features lol

http://www.ms3efi.com/product.html
MegaSHIT has more features but they are way more expensive than they advertise, you got to be almost a rocket science master to make em work the way it should be, they didnt come with a base map and u need to assemble the whole unit component by component, means you need to solder the PC board to assemble the unit, that only involve grounding your body while working on that and blah blah blah, then buy all the other sensors and hardware for it separately, if you dont know nothing about electronics and how their complicated operative system works, you will be spending up to $2500 having some shop doing all that for you and then some more to tune it and make it run right,

Microtech is a good system and i vouched for them before, but not anymore for the solely reason that if something happen to it u need to send it to Australia and that only is a pain in the ballsack, haltech is awesome but for what they are to expensive IMO, and customer service is not as good as you want, there are others like SDS, good but as his name indicate SIMPLE DIGITAL SYSTEM, also getting too expensive, MOTEC the best IMO but unreachable for the shallow pocket guy,

Lately i was dealing with FUELTECH and so far the easiest to instal and no need for a laptop to tune, plus is a self learn unit, that auto fine tune on the fly, and very affordable,

Regardless of what some illiterate close minded guys could say, Turbo blow thru cars are alive and well in the V8 camp doing awesome and running without any issue, many of the Small tire V8 top runners preferred their carbed blow thru cars over EFI, the solely fact the import guys don't run those setups have nothing to do with how well they perform or how reliable they are, Top Imports = Top Money and they buy what the their engine builder / tuner tell them to buy, plus all of them tuners / engine builders copy each other, Yes EFI is better dont get me wrong, but not cuz they perform better, just cuz once you have it is easier to tune and it adapt better to atmospheric and temperature changes = less work for the tuner!

With that said listen to Admayen he is very knowledgeable about it, plus NO BRASS FLOATS DONT WORK WITH TURBO SETUP, they implode with boost pressure.
SF5 FOZZY
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

Toyota1515 wrote:
BOBLOOK wrote:Megasquirt have more features lol

http://www.ms3efi.com/product.html
MegaSHIT has more features but they are way more expensive than they advertise, you got to be almost a rocket science master to make em work the way it should be, they didnt come with a base map and u need to assemble the whole unit component by component, means you need to solder the PC board to assemble the unit, that only involve grounding your body while working on that and blah blah blah, then buy all the other sensors and hardware for it separately, if you dont know nothing about electronics and how their complicated operative system works, you will be spending up to $2500 having some shop doing all that for you and then some more to tune it and make it run right,

Microtech is a good system and i vouched for them before, but not anymore for the solely reason that if something happen to it u need to send it to Australia and that only is a pain in the ballsack, haltech is awesome but for what they are to expensive IMO, and customer service is not as good as you want, there are others like SDS, good but as his name indicate SIMPLE DIGITAL SYSTEM, also getting too expensive, MOTEC the best IMO but unreachable for the shallow pocket guy,

Lately i was dealing with FUELTECH and so far the easiest to instal and no need for a laptop to tune, plus is a self learn unit, that auto fine tune on the fly, and very affordable,

Regardless of what some illiterate close minded guys could say, Turbo blow thru cars are alive and well in the V8 camp doing awesome and running without any issue, many of the Small tire V8 top runners preferred their carbed blow thru cars over EFI, the solely fact the import guys don't run those setups have nothing to do with how well they perform or how reliable they are, Top Imports = Top Money and they buy what the their engine builder / tuner tell them to buy, plus all of them tuners / engine builders copy each other, Yes EFI is better dont get me wrong, but not cuz they perform better, just cuz once you have it is easier to tune and it adapt better to atmospheric and temperature changes = less work for the tuner!

With that said listen to Admayen he is very knowledgeable about it, plus NO BRASS FLOATS DONT WORK WITH TURBO SETUP, they implode with boost pressure.

exactly what he said
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

single webber turbo don anibal
http://youtu.be/JceAWiOeQkQ
Tate Quieto
toyotero2dend

Post by toyotero2dend »

I was at Maryland International raceway last week and ok the imports are running efi ,,but the big boys Chevy,,ford,,mopar.Some Running blow through ,,man them things runnnn ;)
Tate Quieto
Toyota1515

Post by Toyota1515 »

toyotero2dend wrote:I was at Maryland International raceway last week and ok the imports are running efi ,,but the big boys Chevy,,ford,,mopar.Some Running blow through ,,man them things runnnn ;)
I told you, i dont came up with my info out of my butt LOL, Blow thru systems are here to stay and doing better every day!
SF5 FOZZY