blow through carb help

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

pr82rola

blow through carb help

Post by pr82rola »

i'm looking to build a 300 - 400hp 3tc. What size carburetor should i use and which blow through carburetor would you recommend. "quick fuel" "demon" and "holley marine carb" are some of the blow through carbs i've read about which are made for blow through with no modifications.
NME308

Re: blow through carb help

Post by NME308 »

Hi mate,
If you don't yet know carbs inside out and back to front you will have to by the end of this... ;)

I have used the basic Holley 650DP with a mixture of Hangar18 mods and theturboforums wisdom and it has been reasonably successful. My current project is just right now having a brand spanking new Quickfuel 650AN SS carb butchered by myself as I do not particularly like off the shelf self contained solutions. I don't like the off the shelf stuff because they are only good at Wide Open or idle and have to be adjusted each time you wish to play with more or less boost.

You will be streets ahead if you start with a quickfuel or one of the others with billet metering blocks, billet or nicely cast body, and fully replaceable everything air bleed related. A lot of the Hangar18 blow through mods centre around making an ancient Holley mating surfaces straight again etc. but follow the rest for a starting point. Theturboforums powervalve crutch system has worked wonders for me and also from them is the vent tube extensions. With all that done my 3TC was happy from 24psi boost through to 38psi boost without needing to play with the jets or any such thing.

Good luck and do LOTS of reading!

Cheers,
Jason
pr82rola

Post by pr82rola »

thank you for your time and response
BOBLOOK

Post by BOBLOOK »

pr82rola wrote:thank you for your time and response

Do you home work what Jason is saying ;)
The day we learn to think
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

pr82rola wrote:thank you for your time and response
when your ready to hang out with fuel injection(the best way to go) please let us know!!!!!
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com