Lean condition issue

Here's where you post EFI and TURBO conversion, configurations, and questions related.

Moderators: BOBLOOK, AE25, pufito18

totorote27

Lean condition issue

Post by totorote27 »

I have an auto meter narrowband air/fuel gauge and sensor. The car runs a little In the rich whil idling and when I'm on the gas it stays right at the stoics/rich line all the way through the rpm range. How ever after driving for about fifteen minutes everything starts to run leaner according to the gauge. While on the throttle it goes into the red pretty bad and when at idle it is in the orange almost red. Is it possible the the sensor could be faulty and causing a misreading. Any one have another ideas or suggestions to possible solutions to the issue
totorote27

Re: Lean condition issue

Post by totorote27 »

Also the sensor is in the collector of 2.5" headers
NME308

Post by NME308 »

Unfortunately those narrow band AFR indicator devices are pretty woeful tuning aids. :(
The sensor being used is designed for EFI computers to use in closed loop mode and are only accurate in a narrow patch around stoich which the ecu uses to adjust cruise AFR in a never ending loop of slightly too lean to slightly too rich.

You need one of the more expensive wide band options such as AED or Innovate offer to assist in tuning properly. I use an Innovate LM2 display and data logging device myself.

Cheers,
Jason
mikealike

Post by mikealike »

NME308 wrote:Unfortunately those narrow band AFR indicator devices are pretty woeful tuning aids. :(
The sensor being used is designed for EFI computers to use in closed loop mode and are only accurate in a narrow patch around stoich which the ecu uses to adjust cruise AFR in a never ending loop of slightly too lean to slightly too rich.

You need one of the more expensive wide band options such as AED or Innovate offer to assist in tuning properly. I use an Innovate LM2 display and data logging device myself.

Cheers,
Jason
So true
Tuner, Builder and Racer. Hit me up for all you needs 2/3tc, 3SGTE or 2RZ custom fabbed parts.
Paypal luzunaris99@gmail.com